Sync 3.4 Update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
If it said the update was successful you should be good. How long did you let it sleep for? I left mine for a couple hours, and when I came back I got the Ford Blue Oval screen and it took a while to boot up. Once it loaded, it had the new 3.4 software.
I had the same issue with updated the Sync 3 map upgrade from NA 1 18 to the NA 1 19. Screen said the update was successful but the version never change and still list NA 1 18. It also took away the voice commands for Travel Link items like “show weather map” “show fuel prices” etc. Been going round and round between HEER Technologies and Ford trying to get my VIN record cleared so I can try and download the update. Since I paid for they update nobody can figure out how I can get the link to download the map update myself! This has been nothing but a pain!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
@smurfslayer can these guys get up to v3.3 and beyond through official Ford updates? Or was 3.0 for 17-18’s it?

I’ve not heard of a pre ’20 getting prompted for the 3.4 update. maybe 3.3 ? but I’ve never been prompted for it, so I just did the update myself ( to 3.4 )

Proflyer

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edit: never mind it’s working fine. Just had to resync it.

And now my ford pass app doesn’t want to work. Master reset the sync again and deleted the app. Trying to sync the app with the truck and it keeps failing. Any ideas? Shit!

Last edited:
OP
OP
K223

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve not heard of a pre ’20 getting prompted for the 3.4 update. maybe 3.3 ? but I’ve never been prompted for it, so I just did the update myself ( to 3.4 )

It’s available for the ‘19s as far as I know. I received it and applied it.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The struggle is real. Update finally completed. I think I am pretty tech savvy, but had many technical difficulties along the way. After last reformatting of usb, redownload on another computer, re-extraction onto usb drive... install finally took. Make sure you format enough space for update. I think one time it for some reason took about 128megabytes for format. It let me install the file on usb drive but update erred out immediately on raptor install. I also tried downloading and transferring from a computer with encryption which was also an epic fail. Good luck with the update all!

evan9r

Reaction score
How did you get passed the error on USB plug in? I have a 2017 and cant get past the SYNC 3.0 update so I downloaded the cyan loader and no matter what I did, it kept giving me an error when I plug it in to the truck. Trying to manually load the files now.

The struggle is real. Update finally completed. I think I am pretty tech savvy, but had many technical difficulties along the way. After last reformatting of usb, redownload on another computer, re-extraction onto usb drive... install finally took. Make sure you format enough space for update. I think one time it for some reason took about 128megabytes for format. It let me install the file on usb drive but update erred out immediately on raptor install. I also tried downloading and transferring from a computer with encryption which was also an epic fail. Good luck with the update all!

Kevin Stinson

Reaction score
I had a successful update to 3.4 on my 2019 Raptor. I didn't have a flash drive large enough so I used a SD card and a card reader. No issues.