Swapping gen 3’s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Need some help here. I have a 21 lead foot no sunroof Rap. Spray in, carbon fiber, factory bead lock capable wheels truck. I ordered it to spec and have enjoyed it ever since. Hated the blue recaros in the 21 37pp and couldn’t get an allocation. Has 25k on the clock. It’s completely stock. Anyway, I can get a 24 37pp used with 5k on the clock for 84k. Seems like a good deal to me even though it’s black and has a moon roof . I love my current truck and I’m wondering if I could get 67 or more for a trade what you guys think? Sticker on the 24 was 94k

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Market is different down here, but the dealer 2 hours from me has almost the same truck you may trade in, minus the color, that they had on the market at 74k, down to 70k right now.
Would say there's a good chance due to the mileage.

Due to the year and mileage I would venture to guess carvana/give me the vin could give you a decent offer online, at least to see the base point for a trade in number.

OP
OP
BellHeli407

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my sticker was 75k when I got mine and it seems the slide is starting for the used ones and what they are worth seeing as 25’s are coming soon. But I’m not as familiar for the 37 market seems like most are paying sticker for new?

OP
OP
BellHeli407

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Market is different down here, but the dealer 2 hours from me has almost the same truck you may trade in, minus the color, that they had on the market at 74k, down to 70k right now.
Would say there's a good chance due to the mileage.

Due to the year and mileage I would venture to guess carvana/give me the vin could give you a decent offer online, at least to see the base point for a trade in number.
I may look at some point. I’m going to have them drop off the 37 at work and I’ll look at it when I get a minute. See if it trips my trigger. The lead foot 21 I have would be hard to let go.

tm965

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think you're probably looking at closer to 60 with the trade based on how the market is

OP
OP
BellHeli407

BellHeli407

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you like cleaning and buffing scratches as black is horrible to take care of. Looks great for the first 15 minutes after cleaning
Yeah for real there is a reason I ordered lead foot in 21 lol. My wife has a black expedition max stealth performance package it’s a nightmare

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
67K would be a reasonable amount in my area. I guess really its just a question of is 20K worth 3 years newer and 20K less miles with the 37 package? Could be, I wouldn't make that jump unless I really wanted the 37 package.