SVC 4wd Long Travel Coming Soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K.O.

Reaction score
From what I heard is this setup requires you to chop the truck in half if you ever want the rear to keep up with the front. I'm just waiting for the center mount kit to come out...and my winning lotto ticket [emoji482][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes in a conversation Jarrett and I had about 2 weeks ago as I have some new +2 glassworks sitting in the shop waiting for my truck.

Looks like I might end up selling them now if I go this route. But the jury is out until I figure out what I'm doing with the back end as this front setup is just not gonna work at its full potential with leafs still sitting out back.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 AM ----------

Good question for @svc

Anything can work if you cut it enough. Hate to see what that would end up looking like though. :ROFLJest:

That's a shame, I've got +2s also and I just don't like the look of the 4 as much as the 2. Also, I know that it's said that one will out perform the other, and it will, but in every stage of upgrading that is the case, the rear trying to catch up with the front so you upgrade it then your front is behind. The only way to dial it in to be balanced is to have them done in tandem and designed to work together and I'd still argue you could tune more performance out of one over the other, but that's just my non expert opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HAYNES OFFROAD

aka Wreckless
Reaction score
That's a shame, I've got +2s also and I just don't like the look of the 4 as much as the 2. Also, I know that it's said that one will out perform the other, and it will, but in every stage of upgrading that is the case, the rear trying to catch up with the front so you upgrade it then your front is behind. The only way to dial it in to be balanced is to have them done in tandem and designed to work together and I'd still argue you could tune more performance out of one over the other, but that's just my non expert opinion.

You are correct to a degree. We do see it often, that one side or another is always catching up to the other to some degree. But the difference here is going to be drastic enough that it really will be an issue with balance and obviously the rear being the limiting factor.

The thing is, SVC's "standard" front dual setup is very well balanced with the bypass rack and compliment each other well. You have to remember, Travel numbers are not everything. Control of that travel is what separates a good setup from the rest.

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Eh, there are plenty of guys with long travel up front and bypass out back that are perfectly happy. As long as you understand your limiting factor and drive accordingly (which you should do no matter the level of modification) I see no issue.
But as I said, I'm no expert, just a self proclaimed ho,e garage mechanic that would love lt up front and can't afford to link and back half

Last edited:

SVT_Aaron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you play? I say that all the time but I never play because it seems like a waste of money that I could be spending on truck parts instead. It's funny how I wish I would win something that I never even play. Lol.

Whenever im "feeling lucky" lol which proves otherwise cause i still haven't won... I dont play that much though, most times i dont play cause of the same reasons you said above.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Eh, there are plenty of guys with long travel up front and bypass out back that are perfectly happy. As long as you understand your limiting factor and drive accordingly (which you should do no matter the level of modification) I see no issue.
But as I said, I'm no expert, just a self proclaimed ho,e garage mechanic that would love lt up front and can't afford to link and back half

This debate is always a tough one because like you said, one can be tuned to outperform the other. With a long travel front and bypass rack rear, the truck will be a fun and capable truck that's for sure. The question is, does it make sense for someone to drop the big bucks for the front to never really see it's full potential when a full blown podium kit may be just the ticket. As the beneficiary of the sale either way, I want people to be happy with their trucks. I have some customers where it's all about looks and saying what they got under the hood to everyone they meet. Others want a stealthy truck that works. There really isn't a right or wrong answer, and it never hurts to have to much shock as far as I'm concerned.

For my personal use, it's never enough. Hence why a new secret skunk works project is starting in about 6 weeks:driver:

Jarrett

RLTW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This debate is always a tough one because like you said, one can be tuned to outperform the other. With a long travel front and bypass rack rear, the truck will be a fun and capable truck that's for sure. The question is, does it make sense for someone to drop the big bucks for the front to never really see it's full potential when a full blown podium kit may be just the ticket. As the beneficiary of the sale either way, I want people to be happy with their trucks. I have some customers where it's all about looks and saying what they got under the hood to everyone they meet. Others want a stealthy truck that works. There really isn't a right or wrong answer, and it never hurts to have to much shock as far as I'm concerned.

For my personal use, it's never enough. Hence why a new secret skunk works project is starting in about 6 weeks:driver:

Jarrett

Damn you and your secrets Jarrett, just further reinforces the trepidation to buy anything for fear of something cooler dropping. I can still get that bed support that I was talking to jeff about to tide me over.

OP
OP
svc

svc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Damn you and your secrets Jarrett, just further reinforces the trepidation to buy anything for fear of something cooler dropping. I can still get that bed support that I was talking to jeff about to tide me over.

Lol,

This won't be a secret for long, and it's way more than just a part or addition to a Raptor so don't worry, your future purchasing power is still safe. To give you a hint, I'm bored of the Smurf.