Stupid Things People Say About Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

integrity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I dont have a record of any kind, but when i get my truck, I can deffinatley imagine a rumor that ive been selling drugs or something ****** up! It CANT just be that i worked my ass off and save my money well.........

locouno

Reaction score
LOL I dont have a record of any kind, but when i get my truck, I can deffinatley imagine a rumor that ive been selling drugs or something ****** up! It CANT just be that i worked my ass off and save my money well.........

man i get the same shit here every time i buy something they even call my boat drug runner cuz its a 37 foot go fast. Same people always ask me why u always at work to all hours of the night and every weekend sat. and sun. To **** em off i generaly tell em i have habits just like you but i pay for mine. Cant wait for the shit hitting the fan when i bring my truck home gotta luv it

Harblar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok... 3 and a half months in and two questions are becoming clear favorites among the villagers.

"How much did that cost ya?" Really? I freakin hate people like this. I didn't buy it so I could go around telling everybody how much it was. I bought it because it was fun and I wanted it. That's all they need to know and frankly they don't even need to know that. Just boggles my mind. My Dad has a brand new King Ranch Crew Cab that I know has a higher price tag on it and I've never heard anyone ask him what that cost. I could have a fully loaded F-350 and would probably never even get a second glance, despite the $15-20k uptick in the price. People are just dumb.
My response: "Only what I was willing to pay for it." If they press me further I regale them in wondrous tales of this extraordinary information network known as "the internet"...

The second one: "Wow... You get that from Blah Blah Ford? I've never seen one on the lot. I wouldn't buy one of them. They probably beat the **** out of it during all the test drives it took."

"Ummmm.. I custom ordered it." :yaoface2:

:poker: or :okay2: (i've seen both reactions.)

Do people, in general, not realize this can be done, is actually quite common, AND can often result in a better price than just buying off from the lot?

Oh the joys of owning a Raptor... hahaha.

maswhite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know owning a Raptor is not very practical in the city. That being said you wouldn't believe some what people ask/tell me:

"How do you drive that thing in the city"
-the same as any other car

"Is that thang(say it like that) stock?"

"I would never take such a nice looking/expensive truck offroad"
-I didn't get it to look at it

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What I hear most: "I've never seen one of those" (had a bunch of kids in a new Dodge circle the block and drive by slowly for a second look)

There aren't any other in the county and I've only seen one other in the next county.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One of my favorites when I walk up and find someone checking it out "who makes it?" Hell I even have the hood decal. I always want to tell them I built it from a kit, the Ford badges were extra.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2