Stealth on avalanche

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptorR

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of xpel stealth on Avalanche. Should be completed by next week.
Did they take the truck apart to wrap the stealth or did they just get as close to the edges as possible? I have an avalanche R coming in a couple weeks and my installer said there may be a small gap on the edges that the stealth won't cover. He said it would hardly be noticeable with this color, compared to a black. Have you noticed a small gap and what are your thoughts?

OP
OP
sf2360

sf2360

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they take the truck apart to wrap the stealth or did they just get as close to the edges as possible? I have an avalanche R coming in a couple weeks and my installer said there may be a small gap on the edges that the stealth won't cover. He said it would hardly be noticeable with this color, compared to a black. Have you noticed a small gap and what are your thoughts?
Make sure they take everything apart and overlap. You must overlap and no cut edges ( take the door handles, fenders, lights.. ETC). if it wasn't Stealth, you could get away with it.

Attachments

• IMG_1220.jpeg
    IMG_1220.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 127

BabaMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure they take everything apart and overlap. You must overlap and no cut edges ( take the door handles, fenders, lights.. ETC). if it wasn't Stealth, you could get away with it.
You decided to remove the decals now ?

RCorsa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having done full PPF on at least 20 of my cars in last 10 years I would agree you need to remove some areas to ensure no exposed edges. The most critical aspect is the installers experience and I would expect this to run around 8-10 k for a big truck like the R.

One thing you have to be aware of with all PPF but especially stealth on a non-Matte paint is if it gets damaged (which is common and the whole idea behind PPF) you’ll need to remove the whole panel and reinstall or you will see shiny bits where the film gets damaged. Ceramics do not protect film or paint from scratches or chips as the layer is far too thin. It onky helps with washing and drying since it acts as a type of “wax” protection which repels dirt and water.

stockjunkie

Reaction score
What did you do with the fenders? Did you have them stealth wrapped as well? Also, where are you located and how did you find someone reputable enough to disassemble the truck. That is my biggest fear is having someone disassemble the truck.