Stainless Works True Dual exhaust + Stainless works headers and cats - thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
yep you don't have to see my truck to know it's mine. It's not too loud if I put the radio on 3 bars you don't hear the exhaust or you don't notices it. the only thing is making sure it's out from underneath your truck. plus my wife has drove it to work a few times and I'll just sit out side and listen. sound's really good quarter mile away at wot or her wot. I called her when I couldn't hear it any more and she was about 3 miles away. the farther away the more it sounded like a big rig with straight pips. also at the 3 mile mark a car went by but I think 3 is about it any how. let me tell you it sounded good I'm happy with it. power mpg sound now that I put the tips out.

---------- Post added 01-20-2013 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-19-2013 at 11:59 PM ----------

have you looked at SW site the pictures would be the same setup as Paul Barner don't know if it is spelled right. but I have the S-tube mufflers and now cat delete. I don't think the cat delete is worth it but I'm not putting them back on either. but the sw cats flow well.

OP
OP
S

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep you don't have to see my truck to know it's mine. It's not too loud if I put the radio on 3 bars you don't hear the exhaust or you don't notices it. the only thing is making sure it's out from underneath your truck. plus my wife has drove it to work a few times and I'll just sit out side and listen. sound's really good quarter mile away at wot or her wot. I called her when I couldn't hear it any more and she was about 3 miles away. the farther away the more it sounded like a big rig with straight pips. also at the 3 mile mark a car went by but I think 3 is about it any how. let me tell you it sounded good I'm happy with it. power mpg sound now that I put the tips out.

---------- Post added 01-20-2013 at 12:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-19-2013 at 11:59 PM ----------

have you looked at SW site the pictures would be the same setup as Paul Barner don't know if it is spelled right. but I have the S-tube mufflers and now cat delete. I don't think the cat delete is worth it but I'm not putting them back on either. but the sw cats flow well.

Yea I saw Pauls video on SW site.
It confused me... if you listed to him talk he says "Chambered exhaust" at 38 seconds... but the description and SW's comments say he got s-tube...

Im taking he got s-tube based on SW comments.

Anyhow, wish I could see pics of the dual exhaust coming out the back on each side of the truck.... thats the way Im leaning but does not seem to be too popular...

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cant speak to the catback but I LOVE my SW longtubes!!!!!!! I have a nice review on the LTs somewhere on here with a before and after video. That should help you some

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yea I saw Pauls video on SW site.
It confused me... if you listed to him talk he says "Chambered exhaust" at 38 seconds... but the description and SW's comments say he got s-tube...

Im taking he got s-tube based on SW comments.

Anyhow, wish I could see pics of the dual exhaust coming out the back on each side of the truck.... thats the way Im leaning but does not seem to be too popular...

that's because it is new to SW before the only option was stock location.
I think Paul has the chambered. the s-tube is way louder.

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Available exit locations

raptorboxes.jpg

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get SW Black!

Just did my 2012 SCrew with full SW setup like discussed. Fantastic quality, and sound IMO. Also used 5Star tune, and the truck is a beast now and sounds so sweet. Only thing I did and its gorgeous, is I did the SW Black....WOW it's awesome sexy. I had to send clamps and hangers to a powder coat guy, but that's optional.

bluepig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just did my 2012 SCrew with full SW setup like discussed. Fantastic quality, and sound IMO. Also used 5Star tune, and the truck is a beast now and sounds so sweet. Only thing I did and its gorgeous, is I did the SW Black....WOW it's awesome sexy. I had to send clamps and hangers to a powder coat guy, but that's optional.

Can you post some pics of your set up.... Thx

Qbm3

Reaction score
Anybody have the sw long tubes with no cats running some kind of flowmaster? That's what I would like to do. Anybody have any ideas? Probably dump straight off the muffler

RV-Junke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will submitt some photos when the weather breaks here in NJ...The Black is so awesome! I do however have killer drone at 1,800 - 2,100 RPM...I am going to try Resonator tips and "X" pipe insert...more to follow. Also it's been said many times, but Mike Butler at 5 Star is by far one if not the only vendor I have delt with who truely, and I mean truely understands customer satisfaction....and he programs an ass kicking tune! Thanks for everything Mike...