Stainless Works True Dual exhaust + Stainless works headers and cats - thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And I guess the other question is.... S tube or chambered with the SW headers?

Im leaning towards S-tube... but maybe too loud with the headers as well?
(Did I just say too loud?) meh LOL

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am pretty sure SW has different exit options for the exhaust now.

(below bumper, stock, and in front of rear wheel)

OP
OP
S

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
no but I checked it out when they where putting it in. I adjusted the tips so they are not under the truck at all absolutely no drone now. every one knows when I pull up.

DirtNasty

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wilson can you explain that a bit more?

The stock location drones or it doesnt?

I was planning on chopping the pipes off after they drop down over the rear axle (i am going to assume this will increase drone).

Mach1mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the s-tube mufflers sound great at wot but was too raspy and sounded like I was going a lot faster than I really was. I replaced mine with Dynomax ultraflo fully welded muffler from my mustang. Sounds more like a muscle car a little quiter more of a deep bassy tone. To me the truck feels like it picked up more low end power also, just feels faster all around. Hope this helps.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wilson can you explain that a bit more?

The stock location drones or it doesnt?

I was planning on chopping the pipes off after they drop down over the rear axle (i am going to assume this will increase drone).

I ran it with out tips first drone. put tips on but still slightly under truck drone, but not as bad. adjusted the tips so now they are out from under the truck like every other truck no drone. It was echoing off the finders. you might be ok if it is echoing off the ground I don't know. I am guessing there will be some extra noise.

OP
OP
S

Shad0w

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran it with out tips first drone. put tips on but still slightly under truck drone, but not as bad. adjusted the tips so now they are out from under the truck like every other truck no drone. It was echoing off the finders. you might be ok if it is echoing off the ground I don't know. I am guessing there will be some extra noise.

Hey Wilson,
So you have stube with headers... Have you ever thought they were too loud? ie highway driving etc?

I was doing some research and SW was recommending chambered with SW headers or stube with stock headers.... Im leaning towards Stube with sw headers... I like loud as in my viper ACR with bellanger headers... so dont think Ill be bothered by this :) Loud good..drone no good :)

---------- Post added at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 PM ----------

Im also leaning towards coming straight out the back on both sides...