Stainless Works True Dual exhaust + Stainless works headers and cats - thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the packing in the SW wont break down but I still think it settles and that's a good thing at first the drone was IMO worse when new now I have about 5k on them and It's way better. I also extended the tips out so it's not under the truck at all. I love it.
Paul how tight is the packing packed and now matter how hard you pack something it will still pack. It wont break down but it will pack It's a good thing because like I said it IMO it sound better now. And the 2800 rpm is now a nice note

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the packing in the SW wont break down but I still think it settles and that's a good thing at first the drone was IMO worse when new now I have about 5k on them and It's way better. I also extended the tips out so it's not under the truck at all. I love it.
Paul how tight is the packing packed and now matter how hard you pack something it will still pack. It wont break down but it will pack It's a good thing because like I said it IMO it sound better now. And the 2800 rpm is now a nice note

Stainless Works uses a stainless mesh to pack the mufflers, each vehicle application requires a different amount for sound absorption. Some have more packing, some use less.

Pax Regis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep looking these s tubes and one issue for me is they may be too loud with the headers. But they also sound raspy as someone said. I think I'll probably go with the chambered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I keep looking these s tubes and one issue for me is they may be too loud with the headers. But they also sound raspy as someone said. I think I'll probably go with the chambered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My personal opinion is the S-Tube sounds the best, its very clean and crisp, but like you said it may be loud for some. In comparison to other mufflers from different manufactures, its not as loud. Keep in mind the S-Tube will provide the most power output due to straight through design. The chambered muffler is what we sell the most in combination with our headers and will still offer a very nice tone while driving and will open up when the pedal hits the metal. Chambered muffler is great if your concerned with noise and daily driving.

Pax Regis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm definitely ordering from you guys. I've just been debating back and forth between the s tubes and the chambered. I change my mind about daily I think.

I live in a city and a suburban neighborhood. So I'm a little worried about being "that guy" with the obnoxiously loud vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Run the chambered mufflers, promise you will be happy with the sound. If you want more sound, maybe run some electric cutouts. As I'm typing this I remember driving a white Screw Raptor we did with S-Tubes and BMF wheels, man that thing was really cool to drive, it had a perch adjustment in front and 37's, it got many looks driving thru the center of town! Yeah maybe you should get the S-Tubes! haha

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the high flow cat's on and took them off it's not that much louder unless you punch it. I guarantee if people are bitching it's because they are jealous. If people don't notice you because they see you they hear it and have to look it's funny. If you give that 6.2L with the s-type a little goose even old people look.

RaptorJet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
will the truck pass emissions with the long tubes and the s tube lightning exhaust?

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SW sell's a number of headers to CA customers, not sure what they do for emissions but most are just thrilled with the extra power and throttle response.