SPV Let down (RESOLVED)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As soon as I saw the picture I knew that wasn't the right place for that connector, and I'm no expert. I've nstalled lights from SPV on two of my Raptors with no issues. Miscommunication can happen, especially after talking about various options. But installer's errors are not on SPV. They still have my confidence!

dj30417

CRZYCHK
Reaction score
Mom and Pop company that takes a company wide two week annual vacation. It took grandma a few days to get through her 12 call returns and just figured out how to open her email. After two weeks away her password was a distant memory. We had to turn the bright lights on her as she fumbled around in the ditch looking for the scrap of paper she had written it on, flew right out her dang window. Anyway,…

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So is it the correct adapter? Just needs to be longer?

So yes, we got it resolved for him. I spoke to him personally on the phone yesterday. I do agree though, I do wish that he wouldn't have posted a thread titled "SPV Let Down" before I even had a chance to call to help understand his question/ situation.

So to add a little context, here is what happened.

Originally he was ordering a Diode Dynamics A-Pillar Kit with backlights which is the most common and the way we had it bundled. He didn't want to waste the money on the $40 backlight option, so he asked us to swap the lights down to the non backlit version.

Diode Dynamics with backlights use the 4 Pole DT Connector here-

1720838519844.png

The non backlit version uses the 2 pole DT Connector here-

1720838573046.png

MOST lights from most manufacturers have a cord coming out of the lights such as Rigid D Series, Baja Squadrons, Rigid 360's Baja XL80's etc. The cord that comes from the lights are about 15 to 18 inches long.

There are only a couple exceptions. Baja LP4, LP9, LP6 and Diode Dynamics.

We make our A-Pillar harnesses the proper length to plug those 15-18" cords into so you don't have an extra 3 foot of wire to try to figure out what to do with.

For Diode Dynamics, and the LP series, we include these DT Extensions. The DY extensions get a connector like above slid onto the pins that are in place. You just slide the connector on. The reason the connector isn't clicked on is because Baja and Diode both arrange their wires into different holes. So one would not work with the other. This way you can simply slide the pin into the correct hole for that particular light. These included extensions are 15" long and effectively give those lights that do not have that 15" built in cord, a 15" built in cord.

Here are those extensions and again they include the 4 pole plugs like above that just slide on-

1720840741753.png

As you see the back of the Diode lights they don't have cords. Just sockets.

1720839398499.png

So the disconnect came when we switched out to none backlit Diode SS3 lights on his order, from the backlit ones that use the 4 pole connector. We sent him the extensions, but they included the 4 pole plugs and the instructions where to insert each color wire for Diode, instead of the 2 pole plug version connectors.

He reached out to us at first and said he had the non backlit version and needed the 2 pole connector. Without realizing or thinking about the fact that they were on the A-Pillar and needed the extensions, we sent the standard 2 pole Adapters to him which were obviously too short. Those are used more for places like fog pockets.

We have SEVERAL adapters, for any light, any type-

So when I called him yesterday and spoke to him on the phone, I explained the mix up and the difference between the extensions and the standard short adapters. I apologized for the mix up.

I said ironically he was the first person we had that ordered the non backlit A-Pillars and it just slipped through that his extensions included the 4 pole connectors instead of the 2 pole ones. So I instructed him on how to slide the 2 pole DT connectors onto the extensions he already had by just taking them off the short 2 pole adapters we sent him, and use them as intended with the 2 wire version vs 3.

So long and short, it was a simple misunderstanding and once I was able to speak to him on the phone yesterday and explain everything, it seemed like we had it resolved. Hopefully he is happy now. If he is reading this, we want him to be happy and if you need anything, don't hesitate to reach back out.

Long and short, we never blow off any customers. We always try to go above and beyond for anyone. We have nothing but rave reviews. So if anyone here every feels like something doesn't make sense, or is wrong. Please just reach out because it is one of 3 things. We misunderstood something, you misunderstood something, or there was a simple mistake/mixup which can happen anywhere, and WE will stand behind it and make it right. We always only want happy people and I can assure you all.

John

Specialtyperformanceparts

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I did get a call today from John at SPV and he was able to walk me through the process of making what they sent me work.
Great that they called and I think all is fine now.
Still miffed a bit about the whole situation but I'll get over it.
As I said yesterday, we only want you to be happy, so don't hesitate to reach out to me with any questions/concerns. We always stand with our customers. Sometimes we can get back to an email immediately, and sometimes we get overwhelmed and it may be a short bit, however, we will always get back to you and resolve concerns.

I think you have my number from my call. If not it's 317/796/8472 and you can also text me any time.

John

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
So, did y'all ignore him for 2 weeks? I'm a bit confused. Glad it was sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daniel221