SPD Turbo Adapter install the easy way (video)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Perhaps wrong thread but I'm curious about a tune only on this truck. No exhaust or intake mods.

Because I saw online that SPD added the adapters, FMIC, and intake (3 bolt ons) and made 68whp and 75tq on the actual dyno. No tune.

But I feel like a tune could squeak out similar numbers, and is about $600 vs +\- $2k and way easier/quicker

I would agree. Tune only is making huge numbers. Throw in downpipes and you are rolling good numbers for min cost. That's the only mods I'm doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crow68

Reaction score
Just wanted to thank you for your detailed video! I just finished installing my AMS turbo adapters using your method. Easy! I picked up the stud remover from Oreillys, and hit all of the fasteners with Free-All twice over 2 days. I didn’t need any heat. All 4 studs came right out. I used the stainless hardware kit from Faction Fab. Worth every penny! Thanks again for taking the time to post your video.