Spark Plugs at 85888 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Just decided to replace them because about to head out on long road trip. They are the original plugs from 2018 at new vehicle purchase. I tuned the truck within 1500 miles of new, so 80+000 miles on them. Never had a, not even one, misfire event while laying down many 12.5sec 1/4 mile passes and 140mph top speed runs. You know, just sayin the Ford iridium plugs are pretty good and those people replacing plugs a lot are doing it for fun, running bad fuel, or a bad tune.

They all measured 0.33” gap, except cyl 1 was 0.35”. I checked the new ones set to 0.30” and all is well. Pic of old plugs

Attachments

• IMG_4056.jpeg
    IMG_4056.jpeg
    286.4 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice. I’m assuming you’re running premium.

My plugs didn’t look bad @60k miles. Gaps were good and colour was consistent. I did one step colder. I run 94 all the time.

It’s just nice to know the truck is ready for a road trip.

IMG_7325.jpeg

OP
OP
TwizzleStix

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yep, obviously I could have run them for much longer, but I just changed all the fluids, and decided this point, why not? I still have the new set of 552 colder plugs that were a “scientific consensus” must-have if tuned way back at least 6 years ago, but actually are not needed AT ALL.

hunter031789

Reaction score
Yep, obviously I could have run them for much longer, but I just changed all the fluids, and decided this point, why not? I still have the new set of 552 colder plugs that were a “scientific consensus” must-have if tuned way back at least 6 years ago, but actually are not needed AT ALL.
I was really concerned with 90k miles as Ford change interval tops out at 100k and all the Internet advice says Ecoboosts are hard on plugs. Looking at the plugs in this thread I don't know how anyone can conclude that the plug life is much different from most other engines.