SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think for those of us with rear facing ambers we will have to manage them (turn off) when the groups are gathered up. Also after a conversation and demonstration with a MI state police man over the weekend they could be to bright on road unless the weather is really bad. I think it was posted somewhere that we should shut off all aux. lights on the public roads.

New duratracs on today and bed packed!!!

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm freakin out!! My truck seems to be fallen victim to problems this week. HELP!!!

I was hearing a noise like if I had a sticker on my tire treads, so I went back home and looked all the tires and thought I saw something weird on the inside of the passenger tire so I jacked it up tried spinning the wheel and when I did, it felt like the brakes were on slightly on and I noticed the front axles and drive shaft were spinning with the wheel, WHY? Wouldn't that mean the hubs are still engaged? I then went over to the drivers side, jacked it up and the brakes felt even harder and the axle also spinning. I dropped the truck down baked it up , engaged 4hi and then back to 2wd, jacked it back up, and then checked to see if the hubs disengaged and the wheel spin without the axle! So I drove it and it was still makin the noise. Then I got my lady to drive my truck while I walked next to the truck and determined that it was coming drivers front tire. I went right back home and jacked up the drivers side front and tried to spin the wheel and it the axle was spinning again. WTF. It also felt like the brakes were still on. So I took the caliper off and discovered the pads are wearing uneven on an angle from the inside to the outside. again WTF!

So I think I have to problems. Why are my hubs engaging in there own??

I just did the brakes 2 months ago ( turned rotors and new pads from autozone).
I am a little confused how the pads wore like that. The rotor is tightened down with the lug nuts, the caliper bracket only goes on one way, and the caliper is aligned with the slide bolts. The only reason I could see the pads wearing like that would because the pads were crooked but wouldn't the caliper applying pressure flatten the pad out against rotor?

Was the truck running while you were checking the hubs? The 4 wheel drive system is actuated on a vacuum while the truck is running.

The clicking noise sounds like it is from the IWE not fully disengaging when the truck starts running. So like Wilson said, probably something up with your vacuum system. But it probably also wore your IWEs too. They may need to be replaced.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I forgot about this, it rained last night and with 18 degree temps this morning fun. anyhow the nanos on the truck brake auto on and off and it makes a noise like that where you are sliding a corner or corning hard. Or when on ice and barely breaking or again sliding a corner. This is one reason I want the better calipers and break pad's.

Last edited:
OP
OP
carlschmarl2

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Carl,

What Tablet are you running? We have a Samsung Tab 2 with the BackCountry and it works great!.

As far as map, it is about preference, just check them all out, zoom in and see if its something you think will work for you out there. You could even try out some local to you driving around to see what you like.
Yukon and I will be running, Accuterra Single Layer Topo for Snoball. but I've used different ones for other runs, including the Forest Service Road maps, Cal topo and even a topo imagary one.

To save the maps for when there is no wifi, you need to download it. Once you've chosen a map you should press "select areas for download" you will use your finger to trace the areas you need. This can be a pain, because you can't really just zoom out and select everything. For the best results, I zoom into like 11 or 12 depending on the map and select a portion, then hit the scroll button and select more, until I've covered the whole route with what I need... its time consuming but I find it gives me the best results... once I'm done selecting, I zoom in really far 18, 19 ish. Granted I don't have a ton off the route, but I do have the route up to an excellent zoom. In my experience, if you select too much you might have problems downloading or with space.

To test to make sure you saved it and that it looks good all we do is turn our wi-fi off since our Tab is not on a phone plan or anything.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or problems.

Nicole

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

If your tablet has a stand alone GPS you will be fine. We were perfect in SD, Havoc, ect....

Once you highlight the route what do you save it as so that it can be retrieved later?

I have somehow managed to delete the highlighted route twice now. It's taken me about 3 hours each time to re-highlight it too...I have a decent amount of patience, but it's wearing very thin right now...

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After you highlight it hit the folder icon again. It will ask what to do with it. Select save under new named map folder. Enter a name for it then save each new portion to the same folder. I am going from memory. I can double check when I get back to my tablet.

Nordic Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the Cravenspeed 50 cal antenna installed. Rousch exhaust and cold air intake installed. And ADD Race series with 30" and 20" led. Ready to roll out. Can't wait. Delta Force!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389755098385.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389755098385.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 44
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389755122678.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389755122678.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 49
  • uploadfromtaptalk1389755144893.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389755144893.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 49