SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got the 87,91, and 93 octane performance/tow tunes, and also 87 Economy and 93 Race tunes. Hard to say if it helped MPG because I put my bigger/heavier Duratrac's on at the same time and only had the truck about a month at this point. But don't even notice the heavier tires with the 87 p/t tune. Can still get the Duratracs to chirp off the line and on the 1-2 shift. Getting 12-15mpg city and 16-18mpg hwy depending on how fast I drive and wind, usually doing 65-80mph. Best was actually 18.7mpg on my way back up to school in September. Shocked the hell out of me. I'd say I'm medium-footed when it comes to my driving style. Truck was still a blast back on the stock tune but its a whole different animal now, especially when I use the 93 tune. Run the 87p/t the majority of the time. Instant throttle response and the way the trans shifts now were the biggest positives for me.

Last edited:

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score

mnblly

Reaction score
I am going on the snoball this year, and i have anything but the radio, does anyone have some suggestions on what to get?