SnoBall Preparations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
For anyone looking for a hand held for the run, you can't beat this deal.

Dual-Band
Holiday Special only $99.99
Powerwerx is pleased to offer a holiday special on our popular KG-UV3D handheld for only $99.99. This outstanding dual-band handheld features: VHF/UHF, 128 Memory Channels, long life 1700 mAh Li-Ion battery, belt clip, desk charger and flexible antenna. Now is a good time to pickup an extra radio at this super low price.

This holiday special is only available for a limited time. For more information visit our website: www.powerwerx.com/kg-uv3d

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

Not a bad idea. Chris brought up a good point of having a mobile unit and a handheld in case your outside the truck and need to communicate. Good deal to have as a backup.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Copying my post about this on last year's event thread.

Here is the cheap way to secure your spare tire/cargo in the bed.

I'm going to go with putting D-Rings in the bed to hold the spare down for the run. Since I do not think I'd have the spare in the box enough to justify buying/storing one of the vertical racks.

I found a different post than the one already mentioned on a tacoma forum that showed using OEM ones that came in Dodge Sprinter Vans.

Picture of one installed in the bed of a Tacoma
Ring-Side.jpg

Link to buying them online They're $3.20 a piece. It's Part Number# 05104500AA for a 2005 "Dodge Sprinter Wagon"

My stuff all strapped in with them and some orange 1000lb ratchet straps.

IMAG0014.jpg

I do put the factory rear rubber floor mat under the tire for a little padding. Probably doesn't really need it, but, I do it anyway.

You need to remove two small tabs on the shank of the bed bolts with a grinder to get the washers off, you also need to slightly clearance the head of the bolts so it doesn't pinch the hinge for the D-ring.

They held all my stuff in place just fine at the SnoBall and a Little Sahara trip. I actually use them all the time for securing stuff in the bed of the truck.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Copying my post about this on last year's event thread.

Here is the cheap way to secure your spare tire/cargo in the bed.

My stuff all strapped in with them and some orange 1000lb ratchet straps.

IMAG0014.jpg

I do put the factory rear rubber floor mat under the tire for a little padding. Probably doesn't really need it, but, I do it anyway.

You need to remove two small tabs on the shank of the bed bolts with a grinder to get the washers off, you also need to slightly clearance the head of the bolts so it doesn't pinch the hinge for the D-ring.

They held all my stuff in place just fine at the SnoBall and a Little Sahara trip. I actually use them all the time for securing stuff in the bed of the truck.

FYI, you can also get a large socket and hammer the washer off the bolt. Just slap the washer back on after you put the d-ring on and just tighten up the bed bolt. The pressure from tightening the bolt will get the washer back over the tabs.

BobCajun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet a Raptor owner, but I am registered for SnoBall and have a build date of 11/4. Super excited to take delivery and for the run. Will probably have lots of questions to those that have been there done that as we get closer.

Regarding mudflaps...
I do plan to install some PDP mudflaps at some point, just wondering if anyone has opinions if I should hold off until after SnoBall. Was thinking the ice/snow build up or plowing through deep snow might do more stress to them than any good they would provide during the trip. Thoughts?

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not yet a Raptor owner, but I am registered for SnoBall and have a build date of 11/4. Super excited to take delivery and for the run. Will probably have lots of questions to those that have been there done that as we get closer.

Regarding mudflaps...
I do plan to install some PDP mudflaps at some point, just wondering if anyone has opinions if I should hold off until after SnoBall. Was thinking the ice/snow build up or plowing through deep snow might do more stress to them than any good they would provide during the trip. Thoughts?

ran mine last year no problems.

devildevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Regarding mudflaps...

How long does it take them to build and ship the truck from that build date? I know i waited 4 months for mine from the day of ordering it.