Shudder / vibration while stopped in drive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All new F150 since 2021 idle with that misfire issue, not enough to set a CEL on. But usually have the misfire under first 1000 revs code in the DTC reports. I havent come across one truck that doesnt do that brand new..may be over time they go away I dont know, its annoying to spend a lot for these trucks to have such issues, btw I work in a ford dealership.
That’s great info. Is ford aware of this? I don’t even notice it anymore but curious if there could be long term affects from it?

STiago1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has lots going on right now with new facelifts and EV fiasco plus all the parts shortage, high interest rates, slow sales, dealers doing whatever they want, I think ford could care less of a mild misfire as long as the CEL does not come on. Car industry is going through a turbulence right now. I think a software update will fix the issue when ford looks into this concern.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford has lots going on right now with new facelifts and EV fiasco plus all the parts shortage, high interest rates, slow sales, dealers doing whatever they want, I think ford could care less of a mild misfire as long as the CEL does not come on. Car industry is going through a turbulence right now. I think a software update will fix the issue when ford looks into this concern.
Mind my ignorance, I have read nothing into thing EV related. But what’s going on there?

chadinokc

Reaction score
Mine has done this since day one. Dips to 500-600rpm and rough shaky idle at traffic lights. The truck I drove at Raptor Assault did NOT have this rough idle and I drove the hell out of it. Just sayin.. :)

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has done this since day one. Dips to 500-600rpm and rough shaky idle at traffic lights. The truck I drove at Raptor Assault did NOT have this rough idle and I drove the hell out of it. Just sayin.. :)
did you mention this to the ford guys at the raptor assault to see what they say?