Vibration Under Acceleration in 4WD High or Auto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Payton P

Payton P

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the shop foreman working on it is out with Covid so I’m not able to ask for details. I’ll ask them about the half shafts and hubs Monday

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s what I was thinking. or maybe axle shaft, cv ... maybe hub?

Which d/s did they ‘inspect’ ?
Seems to me, if the half shafts were bad, they would make that clicking sound half shafts make when they prepare to die, plus i've never experienced a FWD vehicle shake when those check out.

Still thinking its the front diveshaft or u joints or transmission outputshaft

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Torsen unit could be binding. Which will not cause metal shavings. Thats my guess. How much drag when turning?

Contrary to a lot of people here I would never run 4 a all the time on dry surfaces. Beside I like spinning the rear out in the rain too.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Torsen unit could be binding. Which will not cause metal shavings. Thats my guess. How much drag when turning?

Contrary to a lot of people here I would never run 4 a all the time on dry surfaces. Beside I like spinning the rear out in the rain too.
Try hard enough and you can spin front AND back in the rain. SO I’ve heard.