Sdhq ford raptor rear frame reinforcement kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of these. SDHQ you really need to add a shipping estimator so I know what its going to cost up front to ship. Its only to NM and its not really big so i'm hoping it will be cheap.

Also what should we torque the bolts to?

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
In another thread, SDHQJASON provided the following torque guidance:

"We normally go to 40 on the 3/8" and 80 on the 1/2" bolts."

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks guys. I'm surprised that with grade 8 they aren't getting pre-loaded higher. I would have gone 100-110. Glad I asked.

Last edited:

AngryBird

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my kit installed. I did have to remove the brake line bracket bolt on the drivers side to access the hole on the inside of the frame. Not a big deal. Bolted right back into place afterwards. Might be something SDHQ wants to add to the instructions. The support that actually fills the hole went into the frame just fine with about 1-2 threads engaged between the bolt and the backplate. I did not have to grind down the corner as was mentioned by some people. All in all, the fit was excellent, powdercoat seemed great, the install was easy and took right around 30-45min.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Getting ready to order mine before the truck gets hear. I don't expect it to save the world but $100 for a little preemptive insurance until I can really upgrade the rear end sounds good to me.

Humvee21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My powdercoat was a little beat up with some scratches and scuffs, but not too bad. I think it was from the oval pieces and the parallelogram pieces beating each other up in the box. Just remember when installing it you don't be afraid to bend the brake lines a little bit.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I submitted an email on your website, but hasn't been answered yet. Do you ship to APO or offer military discount?