RSI SmartCap Gen2 to Gen3 swap - fitment question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksf105

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has actually tried to put a Smartcap made for Gen2 onto the Gen3 without issue. Smartcap made a new model for Gen3, bed size is the same.

I spoke with Smartcap and of course they're not going to recommend it, but I'm just curious what the technical differences are. I asked SmartCap if one of their techs could give me the physical differences but they said no.. They said what they CAN tell me is that "the truck beds are trapezoidal in shape, not rectangular. We use the OEM's CAD drawings when designing each different application, to ensure the cap will have the structural integrity necessary to meet the specifications we demand, i.e. the 770ob load capacity."

I get it, it makes sense - but for me, if it's just about NOT being able to stack 770lb of stuff on top of my SmartCap, I'll take it for $2-3k less than retail on the secondhand market.