RPG Texas Raptor Run: TRR14 April 10-13 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kmandoske

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to make my hotel reservation. Anyone know a pet friendly hotel in the area. No limit on dog size or weight, Brutus is a buck seventy. thank

Keith

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I've never used backcountry, Skyler. I have the feeling you will be fine though lol

What kind of maps are there for TRR? Anyone just used google maps or google earth to get around? I have a Lowrance unit.

skyl3r

Maniac
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I've never used backcountry, Skyler. I have the feeling you will be fine though lol

What kind of maps are there for TRR? Anyone just used google maps or google earth to get around? I have a Lowrance unit.

At the beginning of the TRR on topic thread they have the lowrance download file and others too!

sonoma

Dispatch
Supporting Member
FRF Lady
Reaction score
I just called FamilyRV in Sweetwater. Looking at having them drop off an RV at the ranch for me - depending on what the RV has and whether the rate is worth it. I kinda like being right there close to the action.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ugh, just downloaded Backcountry GPS app on my Note. I have NO clue what I am doing. I need a "Welcome to GPS & waypoints 101". Ill add that to the list of things to learn before TRR including "how to use a radio to communicate" and "how to drive off-road". Suggestion: keep far from me :)

The map is nice to have, but you really don't need it. I didn't have it the first year, and had it the second year. I didn't use it the second year.

As for backcountry navigator, it's easy to use but you need to get the hang of it. You could pm raptorwifey and she could help you.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com