RPG Texas Raptor Run: TRR14 April 10-13 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyl3r

Maniac
FRF Lady
Reaction score
Which one of you raptor needs can help me figure out some towing logistics?

Myself and jrockz24 are both driving to TRR in a convoy with a couple others. Our hope is that we can trailer one raptor and use the other to tow it down to TX to save gas and money.

Is this doable and what would be our best bet for making the trip safely?

I know someone has to know more than us so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but when I tow with my raptor...there is no gas savings.

It's awful. I don't know how much a raptor & trailer weighs compared to towing a 3 horse slant load trailer with 1 gypsy horse. But I get < 7mpg.

Last week a guy picked up a horse with a stock trailer pulled with a raptor. Without a horse...He was getting 7mpg.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which one of you raptor needs can help me figure out some towing logistics?

Myself and jrockz24 are both driving to TRR in a convoy with a couple others. Our hope is that we can trailer one raptor and use the other to tow it down to TX to save gas and money.

Is this doable and what would be our best bet for making the trip safely?

I know someone has to know more than us so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It'll probably be less gas to drive both down. If you average 12 mpg each truck, you'd have to get 6 mpg towing to even out or above that to be ahead. My guess is you'll get a good amount less. That's a lot of weight to tow, even if you are using an extremely light trailer. Plus being a raptor, it'll be like a huge parachute behind you.

So not only is it a heavy load for the Raptor, it's terrible at aerodynamics as well.

Mapman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on FOOD.
The food vender is operated by the club for the convenience of the event staff and guests. Pricing is competitive or less than local fast food vendors.

Here is a Menu and pricing.

Sausage Burrito $3.00
Bacon Burrito $3.00
Nachos $3.00
Chili Cheese Dog $3.00
Hamburger $3.50
Cheeseburger $4.00
Bacon Cheeseburger $4.50
Double Meat Cheeseburger $5.00
RAPTOR BURGER $6.00
Nachos $3.00
Chips $1.00
Candy Bars $1.00
Soda $1.00
Sunny D $1.00
Coffee $1.00
Water $1.00
Monster Energy $3.00
Red Bull $3.00

The PIT STOP food trailer will be open from Daylight until Midnight or later

D

Deleted member 12951

Raptor Burger is for those who want MORE
It is a DOUBLE MEAT BACON CHEESEBURGER with Grilled onions and Jalapenos

ONLY available at TEXAS RAPTOR RUN

That does sound good. I am going to need a bigger TRR t-shirt.