RPG Texas Raptor Run: TRR14 April 10-13 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you will see them when i get out there. hopefully with the hype they are claiming, it will prove to be a good piece of equipment

D

Deleted member 12951

I know everyone has their own personal opinion about the breaking-in period for a new raptor. But I just found out that the ETA delivery for my raptor is only two weeks before TRR. My round trip drive to TRR is roughly 1300 miles then of course I will most likely run it somewhat hard on the TRR course. I like to follow what the actual manual shows and not opinions so I looked up in the online manual what Ford recommends:

BREAKING-IN: You need to break in new tires for approximately 300 miles. Avoid driving too fast during the first 1000 miles. Vary your speed frequently and change up through the gears early. Do not labor the engine. Do not tow during the first 1000 miles.

Of course this little verbiage isn't going to change my mind for TRR but should I be concerned?

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know everyone has their own personal opinion about the breaking-in period for a new raptor. But I just found out that the ETA delivery for my raptor is only two weeks before TRR. My round trip drive to TRR is roughly 1300 miles then of course I will most likely run it somewhat hard on the TRR course. I like to follow what the actual manual shows and not opinions so I looked up in the online manual what Ford recommends:

BREAKING-IN: You need to break in new tires for approximately 300 miles. Avoid driving too fast during the first 1000 miles. Vary your speed frequently and change up through the gears early. Do not labor the engine. Do not tow during the first 1000 miles.

Of course this little verbiage isn't going to change my mind for TRR but should I be concerned?

I picked my 13 up from the dealer, drove it for 2 days then left south FL for the 2013 SnoBall with 200 miles on it...

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
kaiser- just had the ceo of the lightbar company stop by my shop. it appears i will have a 33" an 2 4" bars to bring to the light showdown.

I assume this is a light showdown for "second" place?! I'm bringing the 13 Switches of Deathray again this year (actually 9 more switches than last year).

Rasco and I were in a close race for first, but like a gentleman he bowed out, acknowledging my extra 1,000,000 lumens.

boostfiend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey if it happens to rain during TRR what would change. Will some of you still camp out. Never been out there this will be my first year attending. I dont know the track but if it rains would there be mud or is it gravel and sand