Roush Raptor Advice Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbfj

Reaction score
Hey all — (hopefully) soon-to-be raptor owner here. I’ve been watching the market for a couple months and have a Roush raptor that has caught my eye.

2014, 100k miles, 3 owners, asking $36k. Had 2 minor cosmetic accidents where the airbags didn’t deploy / no structural damage. Couple tasteful mods but mostly stock + Roush package.

Interior and exterior are in great condition, cab corners / rockers are clean, but undercarriage is just fair. Some rust spots on the frame and some bolts in very bad shape. Attaching pictures. Would appreciate any thoughts on price, how concerned I should be on the rust, and thoughts on high-mileage Roush’s generally.

Thanks in advance. IMG_6168.jpegIMG_6164.jpegIMG_6163.jpegIMG_6162.jpegIMG_6158.jpeg

BoostedToy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. I’m a fan. Look up some of my previous threads and posts. I had. 2013 Stage II.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Tennessee, North Carolina, 1 year in Pennsylvania, South Carolina
That one year cooked this truck
I’ll take some shots of mine when I get home (11 years Louisiana, 1 TN, now SC.)
Not trying to sway you but that’s a lot of surface rust

OP
OP
J

jbfj

Reaction score
That one year cooked this truck
I’ll take some shots of mine when I get home (11 years Louisiana, 1 TN, now SC.)
Not trying to sway you but that’s a lot of surface rust
In that case, related question: the truck I buy is going to be based in NY. Is any truck I buy going to rust considerably if 1 year in PA did this? Should I even be solving for rust in that case? Or can rust be prevented even in the northeast with the right maintenance?

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
In that case, related question: the truck I buy is going to be based in NY. Is any truck I buy going to rust considerably if 1 year in PA did this? Should I even be solving for rust in that case? Or can rust be prevented even in the northeast with the right maintenance?
Fords are notorious for surface rust, even coming off the factory.

If you’re gonna be up north just have the bolts replaced, scuff up the rest, POR15 it (or similar) and keep a decent coating film on it.

Most of it is superficial anyway, except for those body mount bolts maybe.

I was thinking you were down here with us haha

OP
OP
J

jbfj

Reaction score
Fords are notorious for surface rust, even coming off the factory.

If you’re gonna be up north just have the bolts replaced, scuff up the rest, POR15 it (or similar) and keep a decent coating film on it.

Most of it is superficial anyway, except for those body mount bolts maybe.

I was thinking you were down here with us haha
I wish.. have expanded my search to down south as there hasn’t been much worth looking at on the market up here.

Appreciate the advice

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I wish.. have expanded my search to down south as there hasn’t been much worth looking at on the market up here.

Appreciate the advice
No problem
If you need me to test drive some let me know. I’ve always wanted to drive a roush haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tday1103