Review Of China 2x2 Cubes & 30" Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered some EBAY cubes for my rear reverse. I can't decide if I want them to run off the backup lights or switched. Anyone want to set me straight?

Do both. I have mine wired up to a DPST switch. So normally they operate with the reverse lights every time I back up, but I can flip a switch to override them and turn them on whenever I want (usually when hooking up my trailer in the dark). You could use an upfitter and a relay to do this, but I put the switch in the bed since I figured 99.99% of the time I'm using them for reverse lights, and the 1% of the time I need the aux light when I'm not in reverse, I'm standing at the back of the truck anyway and want to be able to power them without the key on.

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just ordered some EBAY cubes for my rear reverse. I can't decide if I want them to run off the backup lights or switched. Anyone want to set me straight?

I will have mine set up to do both but will run off an upfitter switch.

MiloX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys. Should be getting the Rigid gear on Saturday. Not sure when the Chinese lights arrive. Do you want photos or videos or both?

The Macf

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can just use twin relays to get this done correct?...that way it won't backfeed the reverse power when the AUX switch is turned on?

you should just be able to tap into the reverse lights and the upfitter switch.

OK guys. Should be getting the Rigid gear on Saturday. Not sure when the Chinese lights arrive. Do you want photos or videos or both?

both. thanks.

OP
OP
infinitereality

infinitereality

SLC IR/8
Reaction score
Just looked in my Ugly's book, appears IF the stock wire size is 14ga or bigger it can handle up to 20 amps.

I wonder what size the stock wiring is, pretty sure it's smaller than 14ga though.

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP: Did the China lights come with a wiring harness or did you have to make one?

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a 30" and 40" for my grille.

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will have mine set up to do both but will run off an upfitter switch.

OMG...! You drive a Raptor in Germany - just noticed? At $9/gallon and with those narrow roads? Or you keep it in the base only?

GTC-NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP: Did the China lights come with a wiring harness or did you have to make one?

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on a 30" and 40" for my grille.

If you're thinking to buy harness already with relays and on/off button - I got mine for a great price at rover-store.com. Their largest LED bar now is only 22". Why would you put two bars one of 30" and other of 40". You need to kill something with so much light... ? :gr_guns: