Retrofit Trombone and non-silenced tailpipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMX

Reaction score
Hello community

I own a 2024 Ford F150 Raptor R here in mexico. It got delivered 2 weeks ago. The truck is really stunning (except all the flaws). I just wish that my truck is little bit louder. My 2023 Raptor 3.5 was way louder (not nicer but louder). So i want to change this. Since the custom herr in mexico is a pain in the a**, i cannot import a aftermarket exhaust.

So i would love to retrofit a oem Ford Trombone and oem Ford Tailpipes (without silencer).

My 2024 Raptor doesnt have the trombone. Did anyone install this on a 2024 Raptor R? Does this straight fit? Or do i need the whole exhaust system after the catalysts?

Which oem trombone should i order? From a 2023 Raptor Ecoboost?

Which tailpipes should i order? From a 2022 Raptor Ecoboost?

Do i need to order any other parts or pipes? Or thats it? And it will straight fit mine without welding and bending?

Thank you so much in advance

Andres

WTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hola primo!

The tailpipes from the 3.5 should work no issues.
Not 100% on trombone, I wouldn’t worry so much about the trombone honestly. Just get rid of the resonators.

Buena suerte

OP
OP
R

RaptorMX

Reaction score
Hola primo!

The tailpipes from the 3.5 should work no issues.
Not 100% on trombone, I wouldn’t worry so much about the trombone honestly. Just get rid of the resonators.

Buena suerte
Thank you so much for your answer. I saw a 2023 Raptor R tonight. He has them tailpipes without the resonators.

Should i then order from a 2023 Raptor R? or from a 2022 Raptor 3.5? Or they the same?

Did the middle muffler not also changed from last years to this year? I see so many resonators, muffler etc

socal raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trombone from any gen 3 raptor should fit. Tailpipes from any gen 3 raptor should fit as well. Get them from a 3.5 like WTX said. Every R has resonated tailpipes

OP
OP
R

RaptorMX

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your answers. I searched online and found those 3 parts. Their from a 2022 Raptor 3.5. are those the correct ones?

Do i need to order any screws, clamps or brakets?

Many thanks and Saludos

Attachments

• IMG_6006.jpeg
    IMG_6006.jpeg
    75.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6007.jpeg
    IMG_6007.jpeg
    103.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6008.jpeg
    IMG_6008.jpeg
    103 KB · Views: 23

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your answers. I searched online and found those 3 parts. Their from a 2022 Raptor 3.5. are those the correct ones?

Many thanks and Saludos
Let’s hear some sound clips once you have them installed.

socal raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Many thanks and Saludos
Your other option for the tail pipe is to go to a muffler shop and just have them cut the resonated tips off and weld on some new ones. Probably less expensive but not as "factory"

OP
OP
R

RaptorMX

Reaction score
I dont trust the local welders here. Thats why i prefere oem.

I have ordered the tailpipe left and right from a 2022 Raptor 3.5. they will arrive end of next week.

Sadly they cannot order the trombone at the moment (dont know why).

I will share for shure comparison videos

Many thanks for all your help