Reported Raptor Movement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if that's the case our dealer tracking system has just been a mess regarding these truck.

Also someone posted on another thread here that their dealer said his truck showed convoy. Which would mean it was shipped by truck.

We also get a run sheet every day that has the status of our orders. I just look at that and both of our built Raptors show "storage". My truck shows an ETA of 12/14 which obviously isn't going to happen.

My salesperson told me their tracking system is completely unreliable. For example she's had Transits listed as located in Spain get dropped off on their property.

She's happy to try searching but she acknowledges there are huge limitations.

I'm 30 minutes from DTP so Ford Performance said it'll arrive the same day it's listed as in transit so that basically makes it untrackable. He wouldn't tell me if it needs any other retrofits.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My salesperson told me their tracking system is completely unreliable. For example she's had Transits listed as located in Spain get dropped off on their property.

She's happy to try searching but she acknowledges there are huge limitations.

I'm 30 minutes from DTP so Ford Performance said it'll arrive the same day it's listed as in transit so that basically makes it untrackable. He wouldn't tell me if it needs any other retrofits.

It's fairly reliable for normal run of the mill inventory. The one main problem with that system is it bases so much stuff on estimates. Just like everyone getting and ETA from the early built Raptors. The system just has a set number of days programmed in it which generates the ETA based on production date and that number. It seems that nobody within Ford makes any effort to adjust those dates when they know they aren't accurate. Also when a unit gets help up for an upfit, retrofit, fix,... what ever. no adjustments are made the either. The system will give us a date window. Several days past that window when the unit still hasn't move from its original location the status could just stay the same, could show up delayed, could show up TBD. So the system is fairly accurate when things are going smoothly but any unit that gets delayed the system is very unreliable.

rob0589

Reaction score
I think build date at this point is going to affect when people see their trucks. I'd venture to guess the earlier build date trucks could possibly still be seeing upfit work and the current ones coming off the line are good to go. So they are probably shipping the units right off the line now as normal and throwing in the earlier builds when they are ready.

Could be a very good possibility of that Jeff.

My truck was built 11/27 but was sent off site at one point. So even though my truck was built in the window of shipping units right now I'm afraid with the off site status it may have fallen in the upfit category. My truck currently shows awaiting shipping but transportation delay.

Darin i had the same build date delivery eta went from december 10th to the 23rd. I really hope we don't fall into the retrofit category. :(

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Darin i had the same build date delivery eta went from december 10th to the 23rd. I really hope we don't fall into the retrofit category. :(

My truck shows a shipping delay. I contacted my Ford rep Monday and she got back to me with info that my truck was waiting for a "retrofit". Reading the tranny info that's been posted I would call a reprogram a retrofit. She had no idea what my ETA could be.

@03'Darin Has your lot gotten any F150s with the 10 speed tranny?

We do not but a quick dealer locate shows one on the ground 44 miles from us. I pulled the vin and it does not show any delivery holds on it. So it would be released to sell.

Just making this clear that is not a Raptor I am referring to, it's a regular 17' Gen 2 Ecoboost with the 10 speed tranny.

poison123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck shows a shipping delay. I contacted my Ford rep Monday and she got back to me with info that my truck was waiting for a "retrofit". Reading the tranny info that's been posted I would call a reprogram a retrofit. She had no idea what my ETA could be.

We do not but a quick dealer locate shows one on the ground 44 miles from us. I pulled the vin and it does not show any delivery holds on it. So it would be released to sell.

Just making this clear that is not a Raptor I am referring to, it's a regular 17' Gen 2 Ecoboost with the 10 speed tranny.

Darin how did this raptor show in the system as "1FTFW1RG8HFA65654"?