replacing my left front CV axle assembly, but wondering about correct part number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ratty

Reaction score
I've had a torn boot in my left front axle, went thru an entire winter with it and would like to swap in a new assembly before the bearings eat themselves and have a bigger problem when it fails.

My question is, does the 2010 Raptor use a different CV-assembly than an F-150?

I've found several variations of the part available looking it up on several parts sites, only a few specify "non-SVT Raptor", and some specify "w/o Hill Descent Control" or "w/ Hill Descent Control" (the latter being the correct one).

As far as price, they're surprisingly low for what I would suspect it being for a Raptor, in the $150-$250 range, though when I had brought it to a shop they did a quick lookup in their parts books and it was double or even quadruple that amount.

So far, the safest bet that I can see as far as part numbers, is a Motorcraft TX779 (AL3Z3A427C), that goes for around $170-$210 depending on the site. For anyone else that has replaced these, does that part number and price sound right? Thanks!

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
you could just buy a new boot.
Don't know if I would want to keep it in there if it has had a torn boot for an entire winter...

Thread here shows some that I was thinking about if I have to replace mine...

GEN1 High Angle CV axles

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At 14 years old, with exposure to dirt & grit from the torn boot, the new hi angle CV axles (that don't carry the infamous Raptor Tax), are a prudent investment.