Removing black spots/marks from paint protection layer?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dscott7

Reaction score
20240815_192144.jpg20240815_192124.jpg20240815_192128.jpg

Anywhere there's paint protection on my Raptor, there's black marks underneath. The rest of the paint is perfect. Is there any way to remove the black marks or would I have to remove all of the protection to get rid of them?

vk35

Reaction score
View attachment 463621View attachment 463622View attachment 463623

Anywhere there's paint protection on my Raptor, there's black marks underneath. The rest of the paint is perfect. Is there any way to remove the black marks or would I have to remove all of the protection to get rid of them?
That looks like a failing PPF. Looks like dirt is accumulating around the edges. On the front end where there are black spots, do you see any tiny cracks in PPF? Dirt could also be collecting there.

How long have you had PPF on the truck? If it’s cheap and failing, I highly recommend taking it off by a professional. Failing PPF can ruin the paint while taking off if it’s really old.