Window spots only where wipers wipe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever since we got our 23 Raptor, we noticed its very hard to see out of the front window when it rains. The wipers seem to smear water rather than wipe it off. And I dont think its the wipers. I think its the glass. We see what looks like hologram water spots ONLY where the wiper wipes. Those hologram looking water spots (for lack of better term) only show when the window is wet and the wipers are wiping. These spots are not anywhere else on the window. Meaning, outsider of the wiper path. And when its dry, sunny and clear out, my window looks flawless.

Ive had water spots many times. While these kind of look like them as the wiper pass over them. I find it odd that once its sunny out, that my window looks crystal clear. Typically you see water spots day night, wet or dry.

Ive drived denaturerd alcohol. Ive tried some white vinagar so far and its no change.

Anyone else have this issue and a soluiton?

Thanks

Edit: it’s all of the window. Not just were the wipers touch it that blotch. Except for the very last inch around the perimeter of the glass.

Last edited:

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I had the same thing when I had my windshield replaced last year. I didn’t find an immediate answer but it improved over time

OP
OP
BIGW0RM

BIGW0RM

Highest Access Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the suggestion. Whatever this is, I find it very odd that its only where the wipers wipe and its not visable during day at all. I can clean my windows pefectly. I see no spots at all. ZERO. Yet the second that window gets wet and wipers wipe. I see blurry spots. Ive never had a window like this. But if the steel wool doesnt help. I will try that next! Thank you for the tip.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had a bunch of issues with new Ford vehicles and their windshields.

Two most recent - one had a weird crinkle look pattern that must have been in the plastic laminate layer. It looked like the dash reflecting in the glass, but the dash was not that pattern at all. Another recent one had really bad distortions when looking at a slight angle through it.

Bar Keepers Friend is another cleaner you could try.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
id try some rain-x or adams glass sealant before the steel wool..

clay with spray polish, clean and apply rain-x

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol, I have a similar thing. Every morning when I get on the road there are faint water spots that look like we got a dusty drizzle the night before. No rain, sprinklers aren't running, pollen is all done. Its only in the area that the wipers wipe. As soon as i use the wiper fluid it goes away till the next day. I don't know.