Remote Start - Air Conditioning Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crash is one of the turds on my ignore list so I skip right over what he has to say, which is rarely ever valuable. Looks like he made you laugh pjones, but still not worth my time to hit "view post" on him.

Then I'd say mission accomplished.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Crash is one of the turds on my ignore list so I skip right over what he has to say, which is rarely ever valuable. Looks like he made you laugh pjones, but still not worth my time to hit "view post" on him.

Buttttt you just did.... [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ironhorse07

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Crash contributes more useful information to this forum than your useless drivel and even more useless opinions.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's a race to the bottom with @xxaaraa, she keeps spouting off like "your posts are worthless around here, I have decided!". Hahah what a joke, because that sort of statement is also worthless. Mostly an ego thing (a one upper type) poor lil feller. Somewhat pompous if you ask me, but yes, very 8th grade with these mental midgets flinging their feces at the paying customers. no manners and no respect!

Welcome to the circus

Last edited:

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In your Owners Manual what is the mileage interval for oil changes? Do you follow it, or do you change your motor oil more frequently than the manufacturer advises?

I have a mental picture of the bushings in the starter of my old Datsun B-210, the inside surface of which was oval due to the kind of wear I wrote of. But that was a long time ago, and if all modern starters have bearings rather than bushings then my wisdom on the subject is obsolete.

Even so, I personally have no need for remote start and wonder why anyone does. Back in the day (this is old wisdom again, but still useful) of single viscosity motor oil, it made good sense to warm up an engine for a couple minutes before putting a load on it. Today's synthetic, multi-viscosity oils obviate the need for a warm up, as the oil circulates virtually immediately. I conclude that it is not for the good of the engine that manufacturers provide the remote start feature, but instead is due to a real or imagined perception of weakness, weenieness, and spoiled frailty of the modern public on the part of the manufacturer.

I don't live in Minnesota or Alaska, but it gets pretty cold in northern Nevada. I dress for the weather, so driving for a few minutes in a cold truck holds no terrors. However, I see people dressed for the beach in the winter. Honestly - people dressed in shorts and tee shirts when its snowing and blowing. So I think that remote start is for people who were raised by stupid, negligent, and ignorant parents and don't know how to dress themselves. You can call it a prejudice if it makes you feel better.

You're seriously going to assume a Raptor operates in the same fashion as your 45 year old Datsun? Dafuq?

If you're so concerned about "Spoiled Frailty" then why did you get such a well-optioned truck, instead of picking up a 70s Manual trans V8 Ford, which caters to such a rugged mountain man like yourself? Make sure you don't get those wonderful little corner window ball-AC directors either, that would just mean you're soft.

Raptor owners are funny

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
... Honestly - people dressed in shorts and tee shirts when its snowing and blowing. So I think that remote start is for people who were raised by stupid, negligent, and ignorant parents and don't know how to dress themselves. You can call it a prejudice if it makes you feel better.

I dress for where I'm spending my time. Walking from my heated car to a heated building in shorts, tee shirt and sandals is no big whoop even when it's zero. Then I'm comfortable inside, which is always too warm in the winter. In the summer, I'll wear a sweatshirt because it's too cool inside. So I think dressing for the weather is for people who were raised by stupid, negligent, and ignorant parents and don't know how to dress themselves. You can call it a prejudice if it makes you feel better.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok, who thought it was a good idea to revive a three year old post from folks who might not be alive, let alone still driving a Raptor? ;):rolleyes: