Recon Review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmg50

Reaction score
ok so here are pics with the halos lit up i apologize for the light output pic i will get one up tonight

5642895183_c3cd96403a.jpg

Ya cutting wires sucks on a new truck but gotta be done lol

they look great! - now that you've had the headlamps installed for a while, how's your night driving light output?

Did you have any trouble aiming them? How was the quality of the materials, fit/finish?

...have same pair coming ahead of my truck so any further help or advice is appreciated..

fshol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they look great! - now that you've had the headlamps installed for a while, how's your night driving light output?

Did you have any trouble aiming them? How was the quality of the materials, fit/finish?

...have same pair coming ahead of my truck so any further help or advice is appreciated..

I also have both headlights and taillights from recon installed and like them so far. I put HID's in my low beams and the Recon bulbs for the high beams. Quality of the materials seems to be ok, but only time will tell. Just to be on the safe side (heard some bad storie on aftermarket lights) i gave them an extra treatment with sealant.
IMG_0496.JPGIMG_0495.JPG

bmg50

Reaction score
thanks for the help, nice truck they look great, those were some of my concerns too..will see them in person in a few days but won't know how well they'll fit or perform until the truck arrives..

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
i have no idea how to instal these.... well the front pair. the rear pair came broken so recon sent me a replacement.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tailights on my GT500 were from recon. They were good, but the 3rd brake light from recently had condensation & then half the LEDs went out in it. It'***** or miss with them I hear pretty much. They have major issues with condensation in the housings.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How's the brightness on the tails? I know my tails on the GT500 were bright as hell compared to stock. I was considering getting the tails & 3rd from recon or just blacking out the stockers.

dolfanatic1399

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the head and tail lights. The tails worked great with no issues on install. I was seriously disappointed with the light pattern on the head lights. Decided to retrofit my stocks with projectors. Still have the halo look, and am much happier with the light output and pattern.
Anyone interested in a set of recons? Will sell mine for a reasonable price. Send me a pm if interested.
a6b50386-e7e7-ebe7.jpg

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Last edited:

twlhunter65

Reaction score
Almost all blacked out!!

I held off for a long time and finally pulled the trigger on these Red smoked Recons the darkest ones they offer.Easy install,I hope they dont take on water.I washed the truck after the install and they seem to be water tight,no fast blinkers either so far so good!!:happy107:

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

twlhunter65

Reaction score
I held off for a long time and finally pulled the trigger on these Red smoked Recons the darkest ones they offer.Easy install,I hope they dont take on water.I washed the truck after the install and they seem to be water tight,no fast blinkers either so far so good!!:happy107:

Ok it rained here for two days 3 inches of rain and my Recon tailights are bone dry:waytogo:

twlhunter65

Reaction score
Ok it rained here for two days 3 inches of rain and my Recon tailights are bone dry:waytogo:

Spoke to soon,one of my tailights is full of condensation now in less than a week! They told me to use a hairdryer and then silicone around the reverse socket. Too many headaches with aftermarket products for me,I'm done ******* around with this truck and wasteing good money on shity parts adverized as great products.:suicide: