Recon "LED" Illuminated Fender Logos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iSurvive

FRF Addict
Reaction score
make up a switch panel to fill up the useless hole on the right side of the dash.

That's no a bad idea! It is a completely useless hole. (I actually wrote something here that sounded like it was written by "6.2", so I deleted it)

There's probably enough room there for 3 or 4 rocker switches. If I bypass the upfitter switches I assume I'll need to add relays?? I think I have some lying around from my Rigid lights.

Todd Turbo S

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got mine in via fed ex today. They are noticeable more shinny than OEM. I'm surprised there were absolutely zero installation instructions. Todd

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 71

SupermanUSAF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that don't like the white look when it's off. If it's possible to slip something in front of it you might want to look at theater spotlight "gels" They are the colored film used to change spot lights. If you get a gel thats close to the actual light color it shouldn't effect the brightness at all.

Here is one website that sells them (just did a google search for spotlight gels) Gel Sheets

I'm waiting on my set to come in and will be trying to see if I can make this work, because I don't like the idea of the white on my black truck.

Princenet201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those that don't like the white look when it's off. If it's possible to slip something in front of it you might want to look at theater spotlight "gels" They are the colored film used to change spot lights. If you get a gel thats close to the actual light color it shouldn't effect the brightness at all.

Here is one website that sells them (just did a google search for spotlight gels) Gel Sheets

I'm waiting on my set to come in and will be trying to see if I can make this work, because I don't like the idea of the white on my black truck.

I will def look forward to seeing how that will turn out! I'm hoping it works

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

color matching to terrain might be an issue. It doesnt look bad white, but color matching would be better. Thanks for the tip.

SupermanUSAF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Color Gel Insert

I got my lights in the mail today and went by a local professional audio/video supply store and bought a couple of different amber/yellow gels to try out. I went with just the plain yellow because I think it looks the closest. It's a little brighter than the rest of the amber on the truck when the lights aren't on, but I think the pics show its worth it. When the lights are on, I can't even tell a difference between the two. I'll hopefully get them put on the truck tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMAG0393.jpg
    IMAG0393.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 62
  • IMAG0391.jpg
    IMAG0391.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 61

Princenet201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got my lights in the mail today and went by a local professional audio/video supply store and bought a couple of different amber/yellow gels to try out. I went with just the plain yellow because I think it looks the closest. It's a little brighter than the rest of the amber on the truck when the lights aren't on, but I think the pics show its worth it. When the lights are on, I can't even tell a difference between the two. I'll hopefully get them put on the truck tomorrow.

Hey what's the name of the gels you bought @supermanUSAF ?