Recon "LED" Illuminated Fender Logos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be curious as to how. You would need to replicate the whole vent. ...???

im thinking i wont have to.. all there doing is edge lighting a piece of plexy glass... i think i can do it with a thin piece of plexy and light it from the side not the top. im off to homedepot a little later to see what i can find.

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran out of upfitter switches long ago!! Switch 1 is 20" Rigid, Switch 2 is all four Rigid Dually's, Switch 3 is 40" Rigid, Switch 4 is 20" Baja Designs Bar plus my Vision X 6" hood mounted HIDs.

I guess I need to start installing dash mounted switches. I hate the thought. I want switches for my future rear mounted Dually's, my future 50" roof mount, and maybe these vent lights. Might even install a bed light on my chase rack. I can't imagine how I'll launch my photon torpedoes?!

make up a switch panel to fill up the useless hole on the right side of the dash.

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think at some point, I would prefer to wire it to the parking lights instead of an uplifter. It seems to be a waste of a good uplifter location, unless there is some technical reason like fusible link or power draw that would derail my idea.

Any thoughts?

A

Stealthf1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the white led models, I was pretty happy with the overall quality but they guys are right the light does bleed through, def going to have to fix that. But I wired mine to the parking lights, just my preferance and think it looks cool to have them come on when the truck is unlocked and etc.

Recon SVT illuminated Emblems Side Vents. - YouTube

Last edited:

f150corey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im thinking i wont have to.. all there doing is edge lighting a piece of plexy glass... i think i can do it with a thin piece of plexy and light it from the side not the top. im off to homedepot a little later to see what i can find.

it started snowing and blowing wind here so im having to put this off till tomorrow probily. ill keep people up to date with what i find. :everything: