Recon "LED" Illuminated Fender Logos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok all. The wait is over!

Light output is 10x brighter than EL Strips. Have to figure out way to tape off back end so light doesn't bleed out.

Fit is very snug. Look is very good and feels like quality piece. I for red and color is red.

I've pulled it out for the night and am going to turn them on tomorrow and make sure there is zero heat coming from this piece. I will try to tape off the backside this weekend and take more shots. If I can get the back taped off to prevent bleeding, I would rate these a 9 out of 10. Recon did ok so far. Big question will be longevity of product for the money! Time will tell.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360900962.505119.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360900977.430867.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360900990.682268.jpg

In these pictures the light is so bright that its reflecting off the black vent.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360901002.198712.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360901013.705617.jpg

Last edited:

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
RaptorScrew, Thank you for your posts.

Where did you pull power from for them?

I should have mine here today.

I would like to do the install myself, but I am not expecting any install instructions.

Thanks in advance.

A

OP
OP
RaptorScrew

RaptorScrew

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Definitely surprising. The light bleed out needs fixed though like you said.

Would a coat of PlastiDip work? Hmmmm.....

RaptorScrew, Thank you for your posts.

Where did you pull power from for them?

I should have mine here today.

I would like to do the install myself, but I am not expecting any install instructions.

Thanks in advance.

A

I quickly hooked up to battery and ground. When I do final install I'm going to my Aux 4 switch.

Black wire w/white stripe is hot and solid black wire is ground. That's it.

Last edited:

DesaRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I quickly hooked up to battery and ground. When I do final install I'm going to my Aux 4 switch.

Black wire w/white stripe is hot and solid black wire is ground. That's it.

Thanks for the prompt reply !!!

OK, I will do the uplifter like you suggest. I can always move it later if I need the switch for something else. Let us know how the masking off works with the light bleed. Plastidip might be a good idea, or maybe just electrical tape.

IRONMAN

Reaction score

Plastic Dip will not stop the light from bleeding through. Trust me I've tried it on a LED ring, light came right through with 5 coats of plastic dip.
I plastic dipped the LED's and then put a couple coats of paint and that stopped it. This way if you ever need to remove that coating for whatever reason it will come right off.
You might also try Black foam/ weather stripping along that edge, that might work as well and less work.

JRaptor11

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I may pick up a set later this year now that they finally got off their ass and shipped them. It does suck that its white when not on.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm....Bright red light on the front of the truck. Not really the best idea to stay out of the eyes of the police. If they are as bright as you say they are, they will likely be a beacon for LEO's. I like the idea, but it may be too bright now.