Realistic current market value?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D11gnccer

Reaction score
I bought a supercab in 2019 when we thought kids were out of the equation.
We now have two and are enjoying everything about it. We just bought a Honda Pilot Trailsport as a family car and I might go down to one vehicle since I have a company provided work vehicle. Tough decisions.

2019 802A supercab with spray in liner as only additional option. 20,500 miles with an 8 year/48,000 zero deductible Ford extended warranty.

Anyone care to chime in on realistic private party values? I have skimmed the for sale section but many are modded and the few autotrader supercab listings are 800a’s or “high” mileage.

Attachments

• IMG_5685.jpeg
    IMG_5685.jpeg
    288.4 KB · Views: 42

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s totally up to you, different strokes for different folks, everyone has at one time or another has had a dream car or truck that they know they could never afford then by some miracle the opportunity presents itself and you get it, I’m 69 years old and I got lucky with getting my 2019 supercab and I hope I can put 300,000. Miles or more before I die I work 4 miles from home but I go anywhere and everywhere, I guess what I’m trying to say is this was my dream truck I have given up other vehicles for the sake of kids. Don’t do something you might regret just think about it. Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_4449.jpeg
    IMG_4449.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 16

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'd say $55K-60K range.

The low mileage helps a bunch IMO- but has it been treated to Columbus OH winters during those miles? IE what do the shocks and frame look like? Low mileage trucks are super rare, even with something often kept for fun like a Raptor- but there's no way I'd pay extra for a low mileage example Raptor if the shocks are corroded and the frame is rusty at all the welds.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think 50’s is generous in today’s market. If it’s all stock in truly excellent condition I’d say 48-49k. It’s still a 5 and soon to be 6 year old truck. Interest is still hovering in the 6-7% range and even if your buyer is all cash, it’s putting a wet blanket over the used car market.

OP
OP
D11gnccer

D11gnccer

Reaction score
I'd say $55K-60K range.

The low mileage helps a bunch IMO- but has it been treated to Columbus OH winters during those miles? IE what do the shocks and frame look like? Low mileage trucks are super rare, even with something often kept for fun like a Raptor- but there's no way I'd pay extra for a low mileage example Raptor if the shocks are corroded and the frame is rusty at all the welds.
The first few years it spent most of its time in a heated garage. I had to kick it out last year when I bought the trailer and zero turn to maintain 11 acres we bought. I rarely drive it in winter and try to wait until the brine/salt has been washed from the roads.

I figured $50k on a good day. There is no loan on it, which makes it tempting. I’ve toyed with the idea of building a single bedroom on the previously mentioned land we bought because it borders family acreage. It is about 60 miles from where we live and would make weekend family visits easier plus give us an option to try the short term rental game.

I’m close to 38 and work physically as a standby generator tech. Been spinning ideas to change 5-10 year financial projections as I don’t want to go into my 50’s with the same trajectory.

Looks like I might need to sit on it and ponder or list for $55k and consider it a win if someone wants it that bad. I used to enjoy vehicles but the past couple years of inflation has made it difficult to be enthusiastic. I negotiated a $25k pay raise last year and I don’t think I could afford a direct replacement Raptor at today’s prices.