Real pics of 2013 sporting HIDs and Beadlocks!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SwampKing

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like my 12' although i dont care for the terrain in stock form. I think Addictive Deserts accessories will be the final touches to making that color shine. The angry head lights make aftermarket bumpers a must as well. Going to be an interesting year! Glad to see an early order with so many accessories spent already! You should start a build thread when applicable!

Sent from my iPhone5 using Tapatalk

trailboss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my 12' Scab, but do want the HID's and back-up sensors...Must have upgrades. Optional wheels and new color-not for me. Of all the colors available, I really like BlueFlame however last week I was reminded why I always get White; it is the easiest color to buff out the Arizona pinstripes you get when running narrow Jeep trails! (And of course with White being the most heat-reflective it creates a lower aerodynamic drag coefficient when slicing through high ambient desert temperatures, thus making the White Raptors the Fastest Raptors!!!)

RAPTORSV

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand the animosity against the new rims. The are very similar to the wheels on the Raptor Ford raced in Baja, and the one they took to the Sema show. They are forged rims, the stock rims are cast. Definitely a worthwhile option.

teflon_jones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my 12' although i dont care for the terrain in stock form. I think Addictive Deserts accessories will be the final touches to making that color shine. The angry head lights make aftermarket bumpers a must as well. Going to be an interesting year! Glad to see an early order with so many accessories spent already! You should start a build thread when applicable!
I'll definitely start a build thread once I get to that point! I reallly like the Addictive Desert parts available. I hope the function is as good as the looks! I haven't found any negative feedback on here or other forums in terms of quality, fitment, finish, function, strength, etc. They seem to make excellent parts.

I'm already considering how much it's going to cost me to have all of the gray trim pieces painted black to match the bumpers and rock rails. It looks like the wheel well trim will be easy but I'm not sure how easy all of it will be since as far as I can tell you have the gray color on all of the following:
the side badge/grill on the front quarterpanel
the trim strips between the front and rear doors
the pieces at the base of the side mirrors (and possibly all the way around the windows?)
the front grille
a small trim piece around the tail lights (can't tell if that's part of the tail light or a trim piece?)
the 6.2L badges on the doors
the nostrils/vents on the hood (or are they black?)
Am I missing anything?

I'm going to ignore the fact the interior has gray trim because I just want the exterior to match since the bumpers will no longer have gray on them to match the other trim.

I don't understand the animosity against the new rims. The are very similar to the wheels on the Raptor Ford raced in Baja, and the one they took to the Sema show. They are forged rims, the stock rims are cast. Definitely a worthwhile option.
It seems like it's about a 50/50 split of people that like them or not. I can understand that because they're definitely more old school and have the same design we've seen in serious off-road rims for a very long time. Personally I think the newer styles like the Rock Star style that's so popular are ugly. Honestly I think the stock Raptor rims are kind of ugly too (flame suit on!) and the new optional BLs are a 1,000,000% improvement over them!

Netix

Banned
Reaction score
i dont know.......
kinda looks like a ford edge
the hid's look like a ford edge
the terrain colour... i dont know....
the beadlocks??? they look ew... rather get some aftermarket wheel, look a lot better
just my opinion

blockdoc

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love the Terrain paint, like the bead locks and the HIDs. Very tempted to trade my low-miles '11 in if the trade in value is OK.

Where were you able to see a good sample of the terrain color? I've only found poor small images of mostly grill and a small piece of quarter panel.

bdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The color: Not so much

The Wheels: I'm pretty sure I NEED those.. idk I have plenty of time to shop around.

Truck Wolf

Banned
Reaction score
Judging by the few pictures posted (page 8) and the fact that the paint is semi-matte, I think the color will be a winner. And I'll take any improved headlight over the woefully inadequate, stock lamps on my 2011, whether they look like they came from an Edge or not!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alotajs