Raptors are shipping!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I placed my order today, my dealer said they had two that showed shipped.

That's interesting. I do a daily search on our dealer locator to see if any Raptors show "transit". The only thing that's shown transit yet is trucks with the spray liners. That's what showed in the beginning when I thought trucks were shipping. Here they show transit, which is what they show when they are shipped, but the transit on the Raptor turned out to be for the spray liner. Those trucks then showed back up as "plant".

However for some reason our dealer locator doesn't show retail Raptor orders, just stock. So if they are retail orders and don't have a spray liner that could be a positive sign.

My truck was just built on the 28th. I was hoping that date was late enough that they had already corrected the upfit issues on the production line. But I still don't have an ETA for the truck.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I can only say what the general sales manager told me. Who knows if it's accurate. I do know that this dealership seems to have some in with Ford. They're not particularly large, not even the biggest in town - yet they got 17 allocations he said, which is up from the 7 my salesman told me they had originally, back in August. Seems like a lot for just an average independent dealer in the southeast. The GM said something about them getting more because they were willing to take on some slow sellers as well. So maybe they're getting priority on shipments?

Scrappy Doo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two Dealerships in North Carolina that have Raptors on there website, but not on the lot!

truckie14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer is in West Tennessee. I was there this morning talking about my truck and he pulled up local dealers with raptors ordered, there were a few that showed up as shipped. One was built 10/24.
Mine was built 10/30 and still shows on ramp awaiting shipment.
He also said they still have allocations, asking 3k over msrp, "but willing to deal" if anybody is interested.

Gilligan

Reaction score
Last time I checked Autotrader there was close to 300 Raptors listed.

People will be able to find them on lots a lot easier than most around here think

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with my dealer. My truck just got moved into storage:( My store GM talked to the Ford rep asking why it was just now moved into storage when it was built Oct 13. The rep said because just now it's ready for final inspection after the modifications and storage is where they do it.... Of course there was no disclosure to me what the modifications were. My GM said it was just standard stuff....

The rep is hoping the first wave of shipments will hit customers before the 1st of the year, but cant guarantee anything. He did say my truck should be in the 1st wave, but i don't know how much stock I can take in that.

Makes you wonder how far they are backed up if it took my truck 7 weeks to be ready for final inspection when it was built in mid October.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer is in West Tennessee. I was there this morning talking about my truck and he pulled up local dealers with raptors ordered, there were a few that showed up as shipped. One was built 10/24.
Mine was built 10/30 and still shows on ramp awaiting shipment.
He also said they still have allocations, asking 3k over msrp, "but willing to deal" if anybody is interested.

Who in TN is asking over MSRP?

OP
OP

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Local dealer has this one on their website, marked as in transit:

Apple Ford Lincoln Apple Valley | Apple Valley - Ford F-150, Escape, Fusion, Focus or Mustang

1FTFW1RG6HFA46472 Showing build date of 11/16

Someone want to to check the VIN and see what it shows as status?

And 5k over if anyone wants to pay the gotta have it tax.

Shows on my dealer locator as "plant". So no it is not in transit. I didn't look at the options but it probably has a spray liner. So if it came up as "transit" at some point it was out getting the bedliner done.

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 PM ----------

Just got off the phone with my dealer. My truck just got moved into storage:( My store GM talked to the Ford rep asking why it was just now moved into storage when it was built Oct 13. The rep said because just now it's ready for final inspection after the modifications and storage is where they do it.... Of course there was no disclosure to me what the modifications were. My GM said it was just standard stuff....

The rep is hoping the first wave of shipments will hit customers before the 1st of the year, but cant guarantee anything. He did say my truck should be in the 1st wave, but i don't know how much stock I can take in that.

Makes you wonder how far they are backed up if it took my truck 7 weeks to be ready for final inspection when it was built in mid October.

I'm wondering if they have fixed the issues that required upfit work so the trucks coming off the line now are ok. If that's the case will they be holding the later builds until the early builds get fixed and start shipping? I know that would be more fair to the early order/early build customers but man I can't imagine them holding all of those trucks up waiting for the first run trucks to get their "upfits" and be ready to ship.