Raptors are shipping!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackRap

Reaction score
I was told by my dealership today that Ford has released the trucks for "purchase". Was told this means they can now be shipped to the dealerships. Was told to expect my truck in a week or so...I'll go with the or so part...lol Keeping my fingers crossed though.

pillowsoft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Soo where are they? Ive been following this forum and I haven't seen many take delivery of a new raptor?? Are the Raptors under an NDA?

I have this theory, the software isn't ready and there are delays on the drive modes*, Id put $10 that there is a parking lot full of Raptors!

Last edited:

Teledatgeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been reading everyone's posts. I'm sure the wait is frustrating - I have many months to wait as I was late to the party, likely be an '18. However, last year my '16 Mustang ordered in May '15 didn't show up until end of November. We thought my '16 Vert GT would arrive late August/early September. I would have been able to enjoy for a couple of months here in Upstate NY. As it was, I got to drive it home and then it sat until March/April - summer tires and cold temps aren't a good mix.

For whatever reason they were on a complete hold - I think it might have been seatbelts or something.

Things happen.. At least with a Raptor you aren't weather dependent to enjoy once you get it!

yellalab

Reaction score
Dealer emailed a colleague in Detroit today, this is the response:

Confirmed that Raptor just received OK to Buy last week, and that this vehicle returned to the plant for re-work. Still awaiting shipment, likely with a hundreds of others. Shipment may be a bit slow as they work through the backlog, especially since Raptors are too wide to fit on the bottom row of car carriers. As you can imagine, lots of pressure on the system to get these shipped, as virtually all of them are already sold.

Lee358

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been reading everyone's posts. I'm sure the wait is frustrating - I have many months to wait as I was late to the party, likely be an '18. However, last year my '16 Mustang ordered in May '15 didn't show up until end of November. We thought my '16 Vert GT would arrive late August/early September. I would have been able to enjoy for a couple of months here in Upstate NY. As it was, I got to drive it home and then it sat until March/April - summer tires and cold temps aren't a good mix.

For whatever reason they were on a complete hold - I think it might have been seatbelts or something.

Things happen.. At least with a Raptor you aren't weather dependent to enjoy once you get it!

I'm not weather dependent to enjoy my Raptor, but I am weather dependent to put my RWD lowered sports car with summer tires in storage since I already sold my old pickup.

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not weather dependent to enjoy my Raptor, but I am weather dependent to put my RWD lowered sports car with summer tires in storage since I already sold my old pickup.

Pretty much where I am. I want to get my Raptor before we start getting any kind of winter precip.

gwgriggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ditto. We got our first snow this morning and I doubt the Zo6 is up to the task. Carpooling day for sure.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like a lot of guys sold their trucks a bit to early!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer emailed a colleague in Detroit today, this is the response:

Confirmed that Raptor just received OK to Buy last week, and that this vehicle returned to the plant for re-work. Still awaiting shipment, likely with a hundreds of others. Shipment may be a bit slow as they work through the backlog, especially since Raptors are too wide to fit on the bottom row of car carriers. As you can imagine, lots of pressure on the system to get these shipped, as virtually all of them are already sold.
GOD I hope this all turns out to be true...