Raptor 'Rally' Utah Worth it? or is it just a 'personal' version of the Assault, using our trucks..? which still may be worth it..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old-Raptor-guy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It isn't like this is being held in a place that has no public off roading possibilities. It is being held in Utah, I am not sure if another state has more off road possibilities. For $1000, I will take you to places.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It isn't like this is being held in a place that has no public off roading possibilities. It is being held in Utah, I am not sure if another state has more off road possibilities. For $1000, I will take you to places.
@Old-Raptor-guy I'll run sweep if I can get a percentage.

Maybe we can franchise -- you can have all expeditions North of I-80 and I'll cover everything South....haha

Turning Blue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'll admit it. I signed up! They have a veteran discount so my cost was $850. Now I'm planning my activities in Moab and SW Colorado following the Rally.

Heck, most of the Gen 3 crowd paid ADMs higher than the cost, not to mention ppf, ceramic coating, after market tires and wheelsfor Starbucks runs, etc...lol. I'm not a rich guy, but I've spent more on a couple of bottles of whiskey...lol.

I've been to Raptor Assault twice, and would go again if I were to buy another Raptor. It's the inaugural event, and if I don't go again I'll still be able to say I went. Kinda like alot of things I've done in my life.

I have no idea how many they plan to allow, but let's have the F150 Raptors show up the rest...lol. Heck I just read a bunch of guys talking about their dishwashers and refrigerators...lol. What's $1K today? If it ends up being the most money I've wasted in my lifetime, I'll be happy!

Now who else is ready to man up?...lol.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to put this out there to save anyone potential headache since it seems like some posters a few pages back couldn't find the wording. There absolutely is a disclaimer that modified vehicles will not be allowed to participate on their course purely at their discretion. Copied word for word from the raptor rally website:

"My Raptor is modified. Can I still participate?
Raptor Rally courses and experiences are curated for stock vehicles compliant with standard manufacturer specifications. Modified or altered vehicles may be assessed and potentially declined for participation onsite. We reserve the right to refuse participation to ensure the safety and integrity of the event. All vehicles must be in good mechanical condition."

This is the reason I did not register. Whatever their threshold for what is "modified" my build definitely exceeds it lol. Good luck to everyone who plans on bringing a modified vehicle.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to put this out there to save anyone potential headache since it seems like some posters a few pages back couldn't find the wording. There absolutely is a disclaimer that modified vehicles will not be allowed to participate on their course purely at their discretion. Copied word for word from the raptor rally website:

"My Raptor is modified. Can I still participate?
Raptor Rally courses and experiences are curated for stock vehicles compliant with standard manufacturer specifications. Modified or altered vehicles may be assessed and potentially declined for participation onsite. We reserve the right to refuse participation to ensure the safety and integrity of the event. All vehicles must be in good mechanical condition."

This is the reason I did not register. Whatever their threshold for what is "modified" my build definitely exceeds it lol. Good luck to everyone who plans on bringing a modified vehicle.
Id imagine they don't want a crew out there going twice as fast as everyone else (or trying to anyway). Anything beyond FRS and some bumps will probably raise some eyebrows with a response like that. The FAQ page on the website has the info on this.

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id imagine they don't want a crew out there going twice as fast as everyone else (or trying to anyway). Anything beyond FRS and some bumps will probably raise some eyebrows with a response like that. The FAQ page on the website has the info on this.
I think they are purposely being vague to give them broad authority to deny trucks based on what they learn before or during the event. If I were to guess, I would think anything that modifies the stock suspension components, including air bumps which is a completely new component to the system, would be denied. I hope I am wrong, but I think there is a reason they worded this statement in such a broad manner.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i wonder how deep the inspection goes. Bumps can kinda hide from a casual glace, but if you're sporting 10-12 total shocks with holes in the bed....yeah you're gonna be outta there lol.