Raptor Convert - Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
LayinWatts69

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great taste in trucks, but your bike? My Labrador can out run the green cow a sucy. Go get yourself a Yamaha like Eli Tomac.
Hey, the green didn’t treat him too bad - (4) 450 titles in 4 years from 2017-2020. Better get your Labrador a multi-million dollar Supercross contract!!

Haha honestly, all the bikes are excellent these days. I’m lucky enough to get to ride them all and wouldn’t be mad at owning any color!

Keith88

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hey, the green didn’t treat him too bad - (4) 450 titles in 4 years from 2017-2020. Better get your Labrador a multi-million dollar Supercross contract!!

Haha honestly, all the bikes are excellent these days. I’m lucky enough to get to ride them all and wouldn’t be mad at owning any color!
What bike would you recommend for a 6'8 270lbs rider?

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are way past rider design weight. To make it work correctly you will need at very minimum way heavier springs. Any of the suspension shops could hook you up. They will do their best to up sale you to complete revalve. Not needed if you not racing. Just springs. I hate cocasucies and suczukis. Yamaha and Honda have great 450, I also like the KTM/Husky. The 350 they have is a great bike.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
You are way past rider design weight. To make it work correctly you will need at very minimum way heavier springs. Any of the suspension shops could hook you up. They will do their best to up sale you to complete revalve. Not needed if you not racing. Just springs. I hate cocasucies and suczukis. Yamaha and Honda have great 450, I also like the KTM/Husky. The 350 they have is a great bike.

What about the new Ducati? :hidesbehindsofa:

OP
OP
LayinWatts69

LayinWatts69

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What bike would you recommend for a 6'8 270lbs rider?
Depends on what you’re trying to achieve.

If you’re interested in strictly off-road trail riding and even some motocross, a CRF450RX, YZ450FX, KTM450XCF (or their Husqvarna/Gas Gas brothers).

If you’re looking for a versatile bike that you could easily make street legal and is still plenty capable off road, the KTM 500 EXC-F would be really solid for you. https://www.ktm.com/en-us/models/enduro/4-stroke/ktm-500-exc-f-2024.html

Any bike you get I’d recommend spending $1,000 or so to get your suspension revalved and sprung for your weight and height. You will have a much more enjoyable and safer experience.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends on what you’re trying to achieve.

If you’re interested in strictly off-road trail riding and even some motocross, a CRF450RX, YZ450FX, KTM450XCF (or their Husqvarna/Gas Gas brothers).

If you’re looking for a versatile bike that you could easily make street legal and is still plenty capable off road, the KTM 500 EXC-F would be really solid for you. https://www.ktm.com/en-us/models/enduro/4-stroke/ktm-500-exc-f-2024.html

Any bike you get I’d recommend spending $1,000 or so to get your suspension revalved and sprung for your weight and height. You will have a much more enjoyable and safer experience.
First, I want to say great bike suggestions. Notice, he never recommended the Kawasaki. lol.
I have to change my stance on the revalve, you are a good 100 pounds over design rider weight so your spring rate will be high and will be hard to get the dampening you need with that heavy ass gorilla spring.