RAPTOR ASSAULT SCHOOL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That is the glaring omission of the Assault. Exactly where the truck shines and nothing even close Is done.

On the very lame jump they make you put it in 2wd so you can’t pick up speed.
It is. The jump was a waste of time. The first time I jumped a pickup was much more exciting. I would have loved more actual driving. That said, I had a blast and would do it again.

gablacks

Reaction score
I was able to attend the Raptor Assault last Friday (May 19). For me it was well worth the trip because the #1 goal of the event is to teach owners more about the modes/features and get experience using them. I've always been a "go fast off-road" person so it was very interesting to learn the Rock Crawl/1-Pedal Drive, Trail Control, etc. modes and get actual experiencing using them. I'm sure off-road pros would be bored but I was a giddy school kid having a ball :)

I will say that photos and video can't BEGIN to express the angles of the 32° lateral hillside and/or the ascent/descent exercises.... I SO wish there was a way to capture it because it was CRAZY!!!

The jump was a bit of a downer compared to what I've already done in mine, however, I did learn some important things about what to do and not do when jump to help avoid damage to the Raptor (again, the purpose of the event realized).

Not sure if it will work - but here's a link to the Road-Keeper video edited down to about 16 minutes with timecodes at the start so you could skip to see the different things we did.

My Raptor Assault Highlights
(https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PvO8losqUM7BLehllANAv1J9dRZPSutX/view?usp=sharing)

Here's a link to the professional photographers picture (very nice to have such good pictures from the event):
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FvSPRaNRhhRP4Vx8A

I met a lot of great Raptor owners from around the country and got some solid ideas for add-ons based on how their Raptors are setup (lights/cages/bumpers/etc.).

Sidenote: when I landed, I grabbed my rental car and drove the 1:45 minutes to the Bonneville Salt Flats. I was a Wednesday so only 3-4 other vehicles there. It took a few runs but I got the POS rental up to 110 mph and then ran through a car wash to get the salt off (it took two passes).

Be sure to check the weather before going. It was in the high 70's prior to the Friday of the event. That morning we started the driving in snow which changed to rain and then a perfect afternoon with highs in the mid-40's. Utah.... 4 seasons in 2 days! :)

ThankU45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does the Raptor Assault invitation for new owners ever expire? My 22 was delivered in April, but I likely won't be able to attend this year. Will I still be eligible to go in 2023?

wac45

Reaction score
Does the Raptor Assault invitation for new owners ever expire? My 22 was delivered in April, but I likely won't be able to attend this year. Will I still be eligible to go in 2023?
In the past you had one year to attend. If you have extenuating circumstances you may want to give them a call now to explain and they may adjust that for you.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@gablacks when you say “The jump was a bit of a downer compared to what I've already done in mine, however, I did learn some important things about what to do and not do when jump to help avoid damage to the Raptor (again, the purpose of the event realized).”

what did you learn about what not to do? Are you speaking of being in 2wd Baja mode when jumping because they say it can damage the front diff If in 4wd?
I am far from a techie or mechanic. Heck, before 2017 when I got my first Raptor, I had never owned a truck.

However, if that is what you are talking about, and I will stand corrected, I think it’s a bunch of BS. They give you a short takeoff space before the so called jump and don’t want you to pick up speed, that’s why they tell you to be in 2wd.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong. I won’t tell my wife cause I tell her I’m always right. Lol.