Radio schematic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ograptor

ograptor

Reaction score
Oh. That is awesome. Thank you guardrail. Thats exactly what I was looking for. Now, a quick question. I have faint sound coming from the speaker in the rear door. But i have to almost put my ear on it. Absolutely nothing from the front. This would make me think its the amp. Any opinions before I tear the interior apart?

Guardrail

Reaction score
I would do a resistance check on the wires from the speaker to the DSP. I think that is basically the amp. If those wires check out good, try to plug in a different speaker. Maybe yours got wet somehow. Otherwise I would say the DSP is bad.

OP
OP
ograptor

ograptor

Reaction score
Ok. Forgive me for being uninformed. But a dsp is a digital signal processor, correct? And if so, where is it located? Or is that dsp fancy talk for amplifier?

Guardrail

Reaction score
I think it's behind the radio in the dash and I think that is basically the amplifier for the speakers except for the sub woofer. I'm in the middle of moving right now and my service manuals are in a shipping container. I'll try to get a location for the DSP this weekend

Guardrail

Reaction score
Looks like it's in the bottom of the center council. For some reason I can't get the pdf to attach.

OP
OP
ograptor

ograptor

Reaction score
Ok. I have pulled the door harness apart and nothing is broken or frayed. So, that makes me think its the amplifier. Does anyone have a factory one they are willing to part with?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy and frf rolodex
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the oem amp has a dsp built in. its below the center console. 2010 is the only model year that has a seperate sub amp. all other years only have one amp to power everything. you need a specific 2010 amp.