Powder Coating Stock Rims Advice Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

butts182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking about having my factory rims powder coated the same color as the fender flares too. The one picture of it looks good. I like it better than black , personal opinion

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

I'm sure the color names will be different everywhere. Place I went to is called Cal Chrome. Color is Competition Graphite. Cost was $800. Found it cheaper elsewhere but they were the only company to offer loaner wheels for a week.

Can you post a few more pics of your truck and the wheels please?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just get aftermarket. Stock '17 wheels look like flower petals to me.

Big Ratt

Reaction score
I've been thinking about having my factory rims powder coated the same color as the fender flares too. The one picture of it looks good. I like it better than black , personal opinion

---------- Post added at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

Can you post a few more pics of your truck and the wheels please?

Here you go

Attachments

• IMG_2832.jpg
    IMG_2832.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_2825.jpg
    IMG_2825.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 188
OP
OP
M

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely like the exchange option offered as it'll be a simple swap at the tire shop and send my stock wheels to them, but I didn't like the reconditioned status of the rims.

Spartan41

Reaction score
I powder coated a set of 2013 wheels in matte black. They look great. Make sure you tape off inside the center hub of the wheel where the wheel fits over the center pilot on the truck. If there is material on that inside area, you cannot get the wheel truly tight and risk the wheel coming off... I know.