(Phantom) Supercharger issues already

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're gonna let some knuckle dragger go joy ride in your R?
No I already told him my butt dyno had diagnosed the issue. They must replace the SC with a whipple due to emotional damage from break in period

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depending on the throttle position %age, the R has a bit of a Jackel and Hyde persona in normal mode. The tcm tune tries to keep rpm’s low in normal mode so it’s sluggish sluggish sluggish and then BAM! Drops 5 gears and sends you into orbit.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on the throttle position %age, the R has a bit of a Jackel and Hyde persona in normal mode. The tcm tune tries to keep rpm’s low in normal mode so it’s sluggish sluggish sluggish and then BAM! Drops 5 gears and sends you into orbit.
That’s basically how it felt lol

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You didn't really have to do that haha.

That said, I hope for your sake that the issue is entirely phantom. My butt dyno has caused me to trade at least 1 car in after feeling there was something wrong and the dealership couldn't "duplicate" the issue. So I certainly get it.
Hahah I have done it too in the past. One time years ago I got a new Audi s3. Dealer didn’t tell me it wasn’t a normal Quattro and I didn’t do my due diligence at all. After I traded it in with unknown issues, I later realized I’m an idiot and the s3 had the new torrsen diff vs the Haldex like every other Audi had. This thing felt like a vw-because it was front wheel drive basically. lol

BuiltRight

Reaction score
This was a nailbiter through and through, had me on the edge of my seat. Glad it waws nothing, these trucks beg to be driven hard! Get an intake and lean into the whine