(Phantom) Supercharger issues already

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Closest ford dealer to me is over a week out for service appt so I’m waiting on that. Took the truck for a drive. Definitely a bit of a whine but only if I’m really listening for it. The boost pressure was way up there close to 15 on the gauge when I hit the throttle. I can’t see anything wrong on the gauges or dash. I’m not sure what I was experiencing tbh. I think I’m going crazy right now. The truck feels fine, albeit I need to put much more pressure on the throttle to get the same response and I hear a slight whine is all really. I’m almost used to it now. It was much more noticeable before when I first heard/felt it.
Seriously is it possible that the car feels noticeably different post break in (1000 miles)? Throttle response changed in the ecu?
what about if I got bad gas maybe? I’m considering everything including my sanity. lol
The tcm tune auto learns as you drive. The more sedate you drive the more sedate it’ll shift, especially in normal mode. Switching to sport mode should be a noticeable difference in response.

Honestly doesn’t sound like much is wrong but it’s hard to tell from just a description.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you need to push the long skinny pedal until it stops and enjoy all the accompanying sounds.

Try that and report back

View attachment 455572
I drove it hard AF today for the first time. Zero issues really. A lot of sounds. No idea what’s normal so whatever. Needs quite a bit more throttle than it did before but otherwise it certainly goes

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tcm tune auto learns as you drive. The more sedate you drive the more sedate it’ll shift, especially in normal mode. Switching to sport mode should be a noticeable difference in response.

Honestly doesn’t sound like much is wrong but it’s hard to tell from just a description.
Yes I was thinking that might be it because I was babying it for a bit there. The shift seemed to be sudden and so who knows. I think it’s gonna be fine really. Probably just the car and I having growing pains

Gumby

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My supercharger makes a little whine.... barely audible with the windows up.8- 10 lbs of boost. Of corse it is a peasant 6.2. Roush. LOL

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My supercharger makes a little whine.... barely audible with the windows up.8- 10 lbs of boost. Of corse it is a peasant 6.2. Roush. LOL
Really glad I didn’t go with the trx that whine innit kinda sux imho. It’s totally subjective but I don’t like it. I prefer NA sounds best.