(Phantom) Supercharger issues already

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you try to program a key? It used to be called MyKey back in the Jen Too era, but it almost sounds like you’ve got some throttling going on (no pun intended). Almost like valet mode, but still lets you drive.
Nope did none of that. Will bring it in tomorrow and see. Hopefully I’m retarded.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a cylinder deactivation mode on this truck? I had that in a Porsche where on the highway it would deactivate cylinders and unless I was in sport mode, the car would drive super laggy. That’s what I was feeling today. The noise is still there. I can only hear it at low speed when I accelerate with a window open. Like a turbo whistle. I’m hoping it’s nothing and the dealer calls me neurotic. I don’t mind.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why don’t you take a video of the boost gauge while going WOT to redline? That should tell you if you’re marking target boost or not.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why don’t you take a video of the boost gauge while going WOT to redline? That should tell you if you’re marking target boost or not.
I can try that in the morning.. What should the boost be at ideally?

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can try that in the morning.. What should the boost be at ideally?
I think peak boost is 12psi, but you should be able to easily see if it’s grossly off. If you’re in sport mode and 4A and you stand on the throttle from a dig you should have zero doubts if the supercharger is working lol.

OP
OP
EagleFive

EagleFive

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think peak boost is 12psi, but you should be able to easily see if it’s grossly off. If you’re in sport mode and 4A and you stand on the throttle from a dig you should have zero doubts if the supercharger is working lol.
Valid points there. Was nervous to try and make any situation worse. But hey what the hell.