Performance Break-In Period

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadhead

Reaction score
I have a 2024 RaptorR. Is performance "limiting" programmed into the vehicle for a certain number of miles and if so, what is it and where can I find the actual "official" source for that info? I don't beat up my vehicles but would like to know at which point I should expect full performance.

OP
OP
D

Deadhead

Reaction score
Thanks. Must be a different book. The only reference to breaking related to mechanical which is 1,000 miles. I've owned several hi performance vehicles and they usually limit full performance for X miles and that may be the case with Ford as well, they just don't specifically say it. I guess I'll know when I know.

OP
OP
D

Deadhead

Reaction score
There's this thing called the owner's manual, might wanna give that a try...? :)
There a thing called an answer. I read the manual. It only deals with mechanical break-in, not performance limiting based on sodtware. I've owned a few performance vehicle and they all had some performance limiting features built into the programming to prevent engine damage.

IMG_0750.jpeg