One Year of Ownership: Truck and Forum Review..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike Hammer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I picked up my 2011 Blue Scab on Halloween, 10/31/2011..a year + 1 day ago!!

History:

I will never forget reading a Yahoo Article back in 2009 regarding Ford's soon to be released Raptor. At first glance I was completely in love with everything they said it was going to be. I have always followed an unwritten rule of never buying a 1st year production vehicle as the bugs have not been worked out....so I had my sights set for a 2011.

I started my search last summer and ran into the standard Ahole dealerships that knew very little about the truck OTHER than the fact that they wanted MSRP + for one. After a bit of work and great timing, I landed a Local dealership that would order me a 2011 at pure Invoice! Deposit given and 3 months later (10/31/2011) Big Blue was in my garage.

Then the mods began....Like most of you nuts...It's easy to add lots of goodies to our Trucks. Based on my purchases, I figure I dropped another $10k on top of the purchase price...BUT, I have made Big Blue mine and love everything I have done with Zero regrets.

The Truck has been flawless! No issues or problems of any kind. She has 7,000 miles on her and I love to drive it everyday. I beleive you should drive a vehilce the way the factory intended. Just like I take my blown Z06 to the dragstrip, I really look forward to doing some serious offroading and have signed up for my first Raptor Run @ Snoball 500 this January and am very excited to attend.

This forum: What a great place to get knowledge and share info. I assume I speak for many when I say, without this site, I would have been clueless to many issues and required reads. Equally, I feel an obligation to share my knowledge and experiences with others, so they can benefit just as I have.

Raptor Owners: We have already had 1 Chicago meet and are planning another in a few weeks. The Raptor owners I have met are all Great guys and seem to appreciate most of the same things I do. Looking forward to building on these relationships.

Vendors: I have bought lots of things from the FRF vendors and have found all of them to be very professional and fair with their pricing and I expect to continue using them as often as possible.

In closing, I would like to thank this forum, the vendors and members for making me feel like part of the family. I would like to thank Ford for making the most badass pick-up on the planet!!!

I love Big Blue. :patriot:

Day 1 pic and 1 year later:

Its nice that you took the time to write that for all of us.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great write up Blue. You definitely picked the fasted color out there :waytogo:

Looking forward to meeting you at the Snoball500. Your lights have inspired me to one day have a light bar behind the grill. (light loss be damned, lol).

rwjr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, I agree on all points. I said in another thread...I've had my Mustang for 4 years and it's still bone stock. I love it the way it is. I haven't got the mod fever that other Bullitt owners said I would. But with the Raptor...OMFG...I have the plague!

The only mods to 1554 is better tires and LCAs. Functonal improvements that don't alter the otherwise factory perfection that is the Bullitt.