One and ONLY gas mileage thread please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mkelly984

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't do enough long distance driving to really worry about it, this was mainly a curiosity deal of or me due to a one time quick trip. I doubt with my little 7 mile round trip to and from work this would pay off.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I will say 99% of the time I really do not care about MPG. Now when I am on a Long road trip I do not mind simple things to get me a little extra in the MPG department. If I was driving from FL to CA and I could tape up lets say half the grill to get an extra 2mpg then I might do it on a trip like that, as on a 2700 mile each leg trip 13 vs 15mpg would save you about 30 gallons of gas each way almost saving you one full fill up on each leg. Outside of a 5000+ mile trip I don't care about my MPG

lka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed .02 gain with premium and I may be crazy but it seems to idle better, the clicking stopped. I'll keep running it for now on.

Funny story, when I was test driving the thing and making small talk with the sales guy I asked what the mpg was his reply "uhh um, guys that buy these things don't worry about mpg" lol.

In all reality it really isn't that bad not much worse then the EB, better then the Mercedes GL.

SilentShooter

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you are driving 60k miles a year then MPG could be important for you. I almost had my parents buying a G wagon but when my mom saw the MPG she no longer wanted it. I laughed at her. I told her who cares about MPG when you are spending 100K+ on a vehicle.

The H2 was just as bad on the MPG. Simple fact is no matter what engine they put in when you have 35" tires you are going to give up MPG with all the weight. I would love to see someone put a set of LT tires on a raptor and drive it on the highway and see what it gets, just to know. I bet you pick up 1.5mpg

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I put 3400 miles on last month in one trip. Most was 70mph when legal. I averaged 16.2 on the trip computer.

My trucks main readout has never been reset. 22,000 or so miles and it's at 15.2 and over 5000 of those miles were towing, either a loaded car trailer or a loaded 14' cargo trailer. Quite a bit of the towing was also at 70mph (probably about 3100). I should also note the area, mountains not flat.

TheJoker

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed improved mpg when I open the moon roof slightly as well as the rear slider. It's not practical in the winter though. Maybe, tape in the winter, spring, and fall, and moon roof in the spring, summer, and fall. Not too concerned, with fuel prices at $2.50/gal.