Oil Consumption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tsunami1983

Reaction score
My bet is some financial tie or mental disability or both. Best for all not to respond to the posts at all, act as if they do not exist.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
My bet is some financial tie or mental disability or both. Best for all not to respond to the posts at all, act as if they do not exist.

The user formerly known as sasquatch77 is suffering from a narcissistic psychosis and almost certainly mild schizophrenia. If you remember back to the biggest ‘problem’ account, sasquatch77, using that account, it focused on the ecoboost, weep hole and pointing, liking posts in which users had problems, and insisting without evidence that the current model truck suffered from intercooler condensation build up. When it got banned and it re-registered as McNawsty, it completely dropped the weep hole argument, but continued the posting in owner problem reporting threads.

Now it is again focusing on asserting it’s knowledgeable insights on the internet, again with no factual basis, evidence or anything that support’s it’s position. Just rumor and innuendo.

Ignoring internet trolls like this is not enough.

This person has a serious mental issue and needs professional help. Ignoring psychotics crying for attention is not a successful strategy. Normally when you ignore someone you don’t like they might just go away, but narcissistic psychotics with more than one personality could ignore you, or, they could track you down and murder you and your family, you just don’t know. ( <-- the general ‘you’, not any user in specificity ).

When it was using the sasquatch77 account, as the weep hole myth got busted, it got more and more frustrated that people were ignoring it, no matter how many posts it made, or what the posts contained. It began to escalate within it’s posts until it got that user account banned. The same thing repeated itself and continues to.

rknowlton66c5

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same thing. At 1,000 miles the radiator hose popped off and the engine shut off. Had to have it towed in. Turned out it never had a clamp installed at the factory.

While there they discovered it was low on oil and thought it might have come from the factory that way. Today at 3.400 miles check engine light came on. Brought it in and discovered it was again 4 quarts low on oil.

Has your dealership reached a conclusion as to what is happening?

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am experiencing the same thing. At 1,000 miles the radiator hose popped off and the engine shut off. Had to have it towed in. Turned out it never had a clamp installed at the factory.

While there they discovered it was low on oil and thought it might have come from the factory that way. Today at 3.400 miles check engine light came on. Brought it in and discovered it was again 4 quarts low on oil.

Has your dealership reached a conclusion as to what is happening?

4 quarts low after 2,400 miles???

Ummm, I'm not a mechanic, but pretty sure you have a leak.

I just checked mine at 8,000 miles since last oil change and still at full level.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if it was a Honda it would be more reliable. Mine's a quart low at 1200 miles and my intercooler is full of oil. Looks like the PCV system isn't setup correctly from the factory. I've seen this problem in other turbo cars. Sucks, literally.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if it was a Honda it would be more reliable. Mine's a quart low at 1200 miles and my intercooler is full of oil. Looks like the PCV system isn't setup correctly from the factory. I've seen this problem in other turbo cars. Sucks, literally.

Sorry. Sounds like you got a bad one. I hope dealer is taking care of.