Official Raptor R Modification Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hambone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the record, I’ve gotten 2 estimates-
Dealership- $13600 parts /labor
Independent shop - $14800, parts/labor including “highly recommended new spark plugs” which is questionable in of itself

Hard R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Such badassery! Where are you getting the whipple installed and what did they quote for the labor?
I was told by Lincoln at Whipple customer service, this is an 10-12 hr job and was quoted $1500 for install by TRE performance in SoCal. All parts are included in their package. I asked about additional parts as well and they said its not necessary.

Whipple did recommend changing:
  • spark plugs every 20k
  • air filter every 20k and adding a dust boot
  • supercharger oil every 75k-100k
  • maybe carry an extra belt
$9800 installed

OP
OP
Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper

Raptor R
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was told by Lincoln at Whipple customer service, this is an 10-12 hr job and was quoted $1500 for install by TRE performance in SoCal. All parts are included in their package. I asked about additional parts as well and they said its not necessary.

Whipple did recommend changing:
  • spark plugs every 20k
  • air filter every 20k and adding a dust boot
  • supercharger oil every 75k-100k
  • maybe carry an extra belt
$9800 installed
That’s a great price! I just called them and spoke with Nick, going to have them do the install. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited:

Hard R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is fair. I can’t believe it’s so much higher in Atlanta!
No way I would shop around. Labor @ $150-200/hr. How is their quote nearly $5k over? Don't let him hit you with the R tax. Try calling Whipple and see if there is a shop in your area they recommend. Those prices don't sit well with me. Not sure why ATL would be more expensive than CA. I would imagine it's cheaper.

We should move the supercharger convo to the supercharger thread to keep these boards organized.